Fix-Disk Delete Loop Request

I have had to run Maintenance Mode Disk Check (fix-disk) twice this week to cure the '*Deleting' loop problem, (before this week I have never had the *Deleting problem in over 15000 hours of HDR-Fox T2 viewing)
Recently a file on my HDR was undeletable and I realised my USB went read only. All the options on the menu via remote were unusable apart from 'create new folder' and play. The folder couldn't be deleted there was no option for 'resume play' only play from start. Creating a bookmark in the recording(s) made no difference, the book marks were not saved (read only permissions?) . By creating a new folder in the affected folder the HDR re assigned permissions to read write. Then accessing the recording playing it and stopping it I was able to delete it. Are all files in the 'Delecting Loop' read only? If so could using the remote to create a new folder in the affected folder followed by playing the recording be a quicker solution to 'fix disk'. I have used fix disk for this problem and am thankful for it as it was the reason I used the CF initially. Maybe some one with some time could change the permissions on a recording to 'read only' and test this.

No, that is not the general case. The delete loop really does work its way through the recordings deleting them.

Back