Fix-disk problem

JGHummy

Hi all

Due to problems I have been having since installing CF3.03 detailed in another thread (dont know how to link to that)
I thought to run some diags so telnetted in and set box into maintenance but
Check and repair hard disk (fix-disk) says it cant find a disk

Code:
Menu version 1.13
Enter system PIN: ****

/---------------------------------------------\
      |  M A I N T E N A N C E   M O D E   M E N U  |
      \---------------------------------------------/

[ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.03 ]

Note: Some areas of the hard disk are not mounted.
        Not all functions will be available.
        (normal if you have just run a disk check)

1 - Check and repair hard disk (fix-disk).
    2 - Run short hard-disk self test.
    3 - Run long hard-disk self test.
    4 - Check self-test progress.
  epg - Clear persistent EPG data.
dlna - Reset DLNA server database.
    x - Leave maintenance mode (Humax will restart).
diag - Run a diagnostic.
  cli - System command line (advanced users).

Please select option: 1
Any additional options (or press return for none):
Are you sure you wish to run the hard disk checker? [Y/N] y
Running /bin/fix-disk
Custom firmware version 3.03

Unable to find a disk

Press return to continue:
Disk is 2TB if that is relevant
Any ideas any one?

detailed in another thread (dont know how to link to that)
With all due respect, if you can't manage an easy job like that, how did you manage to properly format a 2TB drive manually? Just copy the URL for the topic in question and paste it into the post!

If you don't need to preserve the content of the drive, simply reformat it using the menu utilities. The standard firmware has been able to cope with drives up to 2TB for some time. If you do want to preserve the content, the easiest route is to acquire a new drive and fit it in place (using the menus to format it), then you can transfer stuff off the old drive by connecting it to the USB (via an adapter).

With all due respect, if you can't manage an easy job like that, how did you manage to properly format a 2TB drive manually? Just copy the URL for the topic in question and paste it into the post!

If you don't need to preserve the content of the drive, simply reformat it using the menu utilities. The standard firmware has been able to cope with drives up to 2TB for some time. If you do want to preserve the content, the easiest route is to acquire a new drive and fit it in place (using the menus to format it), then you can transfer stuff off the old drive by connecting it to the USB (via an adapter).
With all due respect to you
Why are you so bloody arrogant?
I dont want a new drive
I asked for help on why the fix-disk routine cannot see my drive
I am 99.9% certain it could under the earlier cF

I have edited my previous post, was confusing.

I believe for the correct operation it is best to format the HDD in the Humax, using the standard installation menu.

I believe for the correct operation it is best to format the HDD in the Humax, using the standard installation menu.
That will work providing the standard firmware version is 1.03.06 or later. You didn't answer my question about make and model of hard drive?

Back