fix-flash-packages gives internal server error

Owen Smith

After a couple of crashes, I'v tried to run fix-flash-packages on my aunt's box. But the web page says "Internal server error" after a short pause, and then says "Still working..." but no matter how long I leave it it never finishes.

I can't use telnet to run the diag, I forgot my USB stick with 3.10 on and she has 3.03.

Also even after deleting and re-installing sysmon and deleting monitor.db, I can't get sysmon to show any stats for her box it just sits there displaying nothing.

I'm on an iPad Air2 with 4G creating a wifi hotspot and using a TPLink thing to join the hotspot.

You can still use telnet to run diagnostics. Select the 'diag' option from the telnet menu and when prompted type 'fix-flash-packages'.

I'm having another go today, hopefully with CF 3.10 this time.

By the way, anyone got any idea why I'm no longer being emailed when people reply to threads I'm watching? This used to work.

Of course nothing that's been said here explains why fix-flash-packages might give an "internal server error".

Well having upgraded my aunt's HDR Fox T2 to CF 3.10 by USB stick, and then from telnet upgraded all packages, rebooted, then ran fix-flash-packages it's all working fine now. sysmon started working again once fix-flash-packages had been run. I guess we'll never know what was wrong.

And those TPLink things work a dream, much more reliable for getting my aunt's box onto the wifi hotspot created by my iPad Air2. I feel relieved I'll never have to use the Humax's terrible wifi again.

I do precisely the opposite. I disappear for months at a time and pop back in for advice when I need to. I have a number of specific threads I have a general imterest in, and I rely on the email notifications to keep track of them.
Ah, the head-in-the-sand approach. That way (even assuming alerts work) you will be unaware of most problems until they have struck and you are fire-fighting. Such as alerts not working.

Ah, the head-in-the-sand approach. That way (even assuming alerts work) you will be unaware of most problems until they have struck and you are fire-fighting. Such as alerts not working.

How much time do you think some of us have for reading hummy.tv? Unlike you I don't live on here 24/7 and I do have more important and fun things to do than reading about someone's HDMI output dying.

Of the various small difficulties I've had with CF recently, none would have been known in advance by regularly reading hummy.tv. Only the lack of emails, and that wasn't a big problem anyway.

Any ideas of what I can try as I too am getting internal server error on both active HDR-FOX T2s when trying to run fix-flash-packages. When I sit down to try to sort this out I'll update the 1.03.12 HDR-FOX to cf 3.010 (HDR1), but what of the other active HDR-FOX which is already at cf 3.10? Should I just try to reinstall 3.10 on top of 3.10?

HDR1
System Information Web interface version: 1.3.1-1
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)

HDR3
System Information Web interface version: 1.3.1-1
Custom firmware version: 3.10 (build 2734)
Humax Version: 1.02.20 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.10)

Code:
humax# opkg update
humax# opkg upgrade
humax# diag fix-flash-packages
I'm not sure what the point is of reflashing the firmware, seeing as the problem isn't in the flash.

Thanks.
fix-flash-packages is now running smoothly on both.

My error has still not gone away on one of my boxes. Nobody has explained what the internal server error actually means, whether it indicates a real problem, or how to fix it other than "try updating everything".

My error has still not gone away on one of my boxes. Nobody has explained what the internal server error actually means, whether it indicates a real problem, or how to fix it other than "try updating everything".
The Server error is a problem with a webif page so look at the webif.log and webif-error.log to see if they give any clue

Something has probably got corrupted. I would try force reinstalling these packages:
lighttpd, webif, webif-channelicons, jim, jim-oo, jim-sqlite3, jim-cgi, jim-binary
e.g.
Code:
humax# opkg --force-reinstall install lighttpd
and similarly for the rest.
You could string all package names on the same command line, but it might be informative to see which one actually fixes it, if you can be bothered to test after running each command individually.
If that doesn't fix it, then I think you are probably looking at the "reset" option from the Telnet menu.

Back