Fixdisk error

aldaweb

My OH has disk errors on her HDR-T2 and so got her to telnet in and run fixdisk from maintenance mode, but it terminates with the following:
Error - Pending sectors but LBA not found
fix-disk: session terminated with exit status 1

Press return to continue​

and in SMART data from disk diagnostics of web-if
Current_Pending_Sector 2
Offline_Uncorrectable 2​

Can someone advise if there is something that can be run to fix this?
I can always remote login to her PC if necessary.
TIA

Start by running it with the -P option which will skip the pending sector check and get straight on with repairing the filesystem.

Running it with -P finished with error code 0 after fixing errors, but smart data still shows the same errors as above
Probably not able to access it today but any other advice welcome.

The smart data shows that the disk firmware itself thinks that two of the disk sectors might be dodgy. It will update its view the next time that the sector is written to at which point it will either decide it's fine and clear the error or it will re-allocate it using the set of spare sectors.
You now know that your disk file-system is clean but fix-disk wasn't able to automatically find the sectors which are flagged as suspect.
I'd kick off a long disk test from the telnet menu next or use the -l flag to fix-disk to force a long test.
It may have already done one - you can check by looking at the table at the bottom of the Diagnostics->Disk page.

Are you on the latest firmware? There were several improvements to fix-disk in the last few releases.

The smart data shows that the disk firmware itself thinks that two of the disk sectors might be dodgy. It will update its view the next time that the sector is written to at which point it will either decide it's fine and clear the error or it will re-allocate it using the set of spare sectors.
You now know that your disk file-system is clean but fix-disk wasn't able to automatically find the sectors which are flagged as suspect.
I'd kick off a long disk test from the telnet menu next or use the -l flag to fix-disk to force a long test.
It may have already done one - you can check by looking at the table at the bottom of the Diagnostics->Disk page.

Are you on the latest firmware? There were several improvements to fix-disk in the last few releases.
Yes I updated the firmware a couple of days ago.
I can't get access ATM so will have to wait 'til Monday I expect.

Can you get a screen grab of the bottom of that screen too? That shows the SMART logs.

Back