Flatten moves files after media index scan

mlavende

Morning all,

firstly, thanks for all the work done on this recorder firmware - it really is a great enhancement. I've come from a Toppy so appreciate all the things you do to make this so good.

Anyway, I have a story and a question:

Each week my wife records One Born Every Minute whilst she is out and I'm watching something better. On her return she streams it to her iPad. This works well generally. The media server is a great idea and was a massive selling point for me.

Last week I installed the Flatten package (more Toppy like :)) and it seems to work well for me.

When My wife tried to stream her program though she kept getting the error that it didn't exist although it was there.

What appears to have happened is that it had been recorded to the 'One Born Every Minute' folder and then before flatten could move it out and delete the folder, the media indexer had run. So when she looked on her iPad and selected the program to play it was apparently in the folder although it was actually at the top level.

A quick power off and on fixed it, but wasn't the nicest solution. (is there a way to force the indexer to rerun?)

I wondered if there was a way of tagging a 'rerun the media indexer' command at the end of the flatten package which should fix my problem? Presumably others could have the same problems as me....

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any help and please keep up the great work!

-Mat

What you could do is specifically deny flatten on the One Born Every Minute folder, using the WebIF options. You presumably don't have the folder present at the moment, so create one of the correct name (you can find that by using the schedule browser and starting to edit the destination folder) and then mark it "no flatten".

Altnatively, you could make the programmes record directly into My Video by editing the destination folder. This will require a reboot to take effect.

What you could do is specifically deny flatten on the One Born Every Minute folder, using the WebIF options. You presumably don't have the folder present at the moment, so create one of the correct name (you can find that by using the schedule browser and starting to edit the destination folder) and then mark it "no flatten".

Altnatively, you could make the programmes record directly into My Video by editing the destination folder. This will require a reboot to take effect.

Thanks for the response BH. I realised I could do your first point but want to get rid of folders.

I like the idea of your second suggestion though, assuming this is a set once and forget option for all recordings. Can you give me some idea how to do this please

Thanks

-Mat

It's a set-and-forget for any particular series recording.

It's fairly obvious if you are using the web interface - which you were to install flatten, right? From the front page go into the "Scheduled Events" section, and with the listing for your OBEM series recording you will find tools to change the recording folder.

Brilliant thanks. I'm at work or I would have checked myself.

I'll sort it tonight

Thanks for your patience

-Mat

It's a set-and-forget for any particular series recording.

It's fairly obvious if you are using the web interface - which you were to install flatten, right? From the front page go into the "Scheduled Events" section, and with the listing for your OBEM series recording you will find tools to change the recording folder.

Sorry to be a real pain, but I'm looking at the options to change the folder now. I presume that to have it go to the "My Video" folder I just delete the folder name? If I do that it looks like this:

One Born Every Minute
(Folder: )

I thought about putting in "My Video" as the folder but surely that would create a folder called "My Video" within the "My Video" root wouldn't it?

I guess I can suck it and see but I'll be in trouble if it isn't recorded!

Cheers

-Mat

Set a test recording as a trial if you need confirmation (probably a good idea because I can't say I've tried it myself). Surely you can find a test subject series which is due to record before the real target? Yes, just delete the folder name.

Just a final update to round this off.

I left the "move to" folder as empty and the program recorded directly to the root directory as expected, although there was some error - can't remember what I'm afraid but I can report back if there's any interest...

Thanks BH for your help

-Mat

Back