Folder Lock

Yes, fair enough, create the flag in the folder. Even though the folder gets moved wholesale, the flag still exists and can be acted on.

So it would re-instate the folder with its contents. This does not appear to be what the OP wants. He wants the content to be deleted, but not the folder itself (and its flags).

No, in my first comment I mentioned just re-creating only the folder itself and the flags within it.

How about using Sweeper to achieve the aim of this thread, so what would be the correct syntax for manually adding a line in the Sweeper config file to do this:

if folder-name does not exist then action {queue {cmd mkdir folder-name && touch folder-name/.autodetectads}}

Last edited:
So it would re-instate the folder with its contents. This does not appear to be what the OP wants. He wants the content to be deleted, but not the folder itself (and its flags).
The OP said that SWMBO only deletes the folder after deleting the recordings within it. Having said that, I think the recordings already in the waste basket may be in the folder...

I think the easiest thing to do is train SWMBO - can't be that hard, shirley?

The OP said that SWMBO only deletes the folder after deleting the recordings within it
No he didn't. Re-read post #1 (I was guilty of not doing that earlier.)
But training HWMBO seems the best bet, but deleting multiple recordings is a pain. (and don't dare mention that bloody cumbersome, impenetrable thing that Humax laughingly have the temerity to call a file manager). Educate HWMBO to delete the programmes as soon as she has watched them, then there won't be a bunch of them to delete all in one go.

I don't find it terribly difficult to delete multiple recordings with the SUI:

[highlight recording] >> Select (red) >> [highlight next recording] >> Select (red) ...etc... >> OPT+ >> Delete >> OK

No he didn't. Re-read post #1
Actually, I mis-read post 7.

Not directly related to the original question

It would be be quite nice if the webif OPT+ menu for items nested under [Deleted Items] had an Undelete option to restore the items to their original location rather than needing to use Cut and Paste

It would be be quite nice if the webif OPT+ menu for items nested under [Deleted Items] had an Undelete option to restore the items to their original location rather than needing to use Cut and Paste
It doesn't know where they came from (at the moment, anyway).

Last edited:
When I delete a program from a series folder the series folder appears in the Deleted Items with the program beneath it. If I delete a program from My Video it appears just as the program in Deleted Items.
Would it not do the job by restoring the top level program/folder to the My Video folder (notwithstanding that a series folder is possibly a duplicate of a current folder) ?

Yes it does, the source directory hierarchy is preserved under [deleted items].
For original recordings deleted by packages such as detectads the package name is an additional level which adds a surmountable bit of complexity

Put detect_ads on the top level and use exceptions? Or are there any other flags not yet mentioned?

Back