folders missing?

sohlinux

Hi,

I just installed the firmware on my humax HDR T2 freeview box, when I restarted the box all the series linked recorded programs have been moved from there own folders to the root of /media/My Videos folder, so now I have 400 videos all mixed up in one folder :(

is there any way of getting the folders back or how can I easily create all the folders again and move everything back?

thanks

Did you install flatten? If so, that's what it does! If not, it sounds very peculiar.

First, uninstall flatten (if it is installed). Then the easiest way to restore the situation is to use the WebIF and recreate the folders (in "My Video") manually, and move the file sets into them (using group cut & paste). It can be done with the handset but it will be very laborious.

You can check what the folders should be called (if the series recordings are still in your schedule) by opening the WebIF schedule browser, clicking the OPT+ button next to an item, and selecting "change folder" (or whatever the wording is), the default folder name will be in the edit box. You can even change that if you want.

If you don't recreate the correct folder name, the Humax will create a new folder of the correct name next time it tries to record another programme in the same series. The change folder option overrides this in the schedule.

strange thing , I just tried creating some new folders with ssh and moving some of the files into them but then I went back 5 mins later and the files had been moved back to /media/My Videos ?

If I use ftp for creating folders and moving the files will that work ok or does it need to be done with the humax remote? I cant see any option for moving file in the web interface. or maybe using ssh?

If I use ftp for creating folders and moving the files will that work ok

Yes it will work, but you have no way to be sure what folder name the Humax is expecting for next time it records that series. Also you will have four times the number of files to gather up (each recording comprises up to 4 files, all handled in one by the WebIF).

or does it need to be done with the humax remote?

Very tedious, and same problem (folder names).

I cant see any option for moving file in the web interface.

You're trying to run before you can walk. In the WebIF media browser the OPT+ button has cut or copy options, the file name is added to a paste buffer list. You can also tick the box on multiple files and gather them all in one go by using the cut button at the bottom of the page. Then all you need to do is navigate to the target folder and click "paste here". There are tools in the WebIF media browser to create folders as well.

thanks :) maybe that flatten option should have a warning? it doesnt really explain very well what it does and I assumed it was an option which I could use if I wanted to use it, eg. choosing it from the web interface or using it via the command line.

thanks :) maybe that flatten option should have a warning? it doesnt really explain very well what it does and I assumed it was an option which I could use if I wanted to use it, eg. choosing it from the web interface or using it via the command line.

It does warn you in the Notes HERE

It does warn you in the Notes HERE

my fault, I do tend to try things without reading all the details but there are no links or warnings from the the web interface.

the following would be pretty cool

Flatten the automatic directory hierarchy created during recording. (use with precaution) (click here for more info)

You can use the WebIF to mark selected folders "do not flatten", but you need to do that before you unleash flatten. New folders created in the process of a new series recording will also get flattened - unless you create them in anticipation and then mark them "do not flatten".

Back