Folders not showing on tv screen menu interface

geordie

Hi
I am unable to see all the folders on my Humax using the tv screen menu interface.

I have a lot of folders and sub-folders. I have no problem nagivating through the folders on the web interface and can see all the files in those folders.

However I am not able to see all the folders using the menu on the tv screen. Also for deep folder trees, I cannot see the files in those folders.

What is stopping the folders showing on the tv screen menu interface?

Are the file/folder names too long, perhaps? If so, is there a character limit to file/folder names? There does not appear to be as I have not hit the limit yet. Is there a place where I can find this information.

Thanks

I'm sure someone will confirm (or deny) but I believe the Humax itself can only handle one layer of (sub)folders. So if you've created folders inside folders using the CF then the 'TV' display probably won't see them or their contents.

You can display folders more than one sub deep. I just tried imported/occupation/road to Berlin/<files>. It shows the folder and displays/plays the content of /road to Berlin. Can't be bothered to see if it will go 'deeper' though.

As as test I created /media/My Video/ABC/qwerty/def/ghi/jkl/Peaky Blinders_20160526_2102.ts and was able to navigate to it on the TV menus without problem

Perhaps you could give an example of the directory hierarchy that is failing for you,

Well, there's a thing. I'm sure I 'knew' the one level thing from somewhere ... was it on the 9200? I've often thought it'd be useful to be able to have a sub-folder somewhere, but not tried because I thought it wouldn't work. :oops:

Well, there's a thing. I'm sure I 'knew' the one level thing from somewhere ... was it on the 9200? I've often thought it'd be useful to be able to have a sub-folder somewhere, but not tried because I thought it wouldn't work. :oops:
You cannot specify a sub folder as the direct target for recordings but Sweeper has rules to allow you to move the series folders into another folder, I use the following for my granddaughters programmes
Code:
# Move mollies
folder or {lcn 121 genre Children } action {fileundercreate {./ Molly}}

Back