Force DLNA Index, Auto Decrypt, Auto Shrink

ian_j

Is there any way that I can force the Humax to perform the above tasks?

I'm finding it can take a couple of hours from turning the box on for the above process to complete so that I can move the files over to my PC.

It's the DLNA indexer that is holding things up - the other processes will not initiate until the file in question has the DLNA icon next to it in the WebIF media browser.

IIRC the indexer will usually pick up a new recording fairly quickly after the recording completes (presuming the box is not recording in standby), but if the completed recording gets moved by sweeper or flatten (or whatever) the index for that file becomes invalid and it can be a long time before a new index is added. There is nothing you can do to force it, other than reboot (and hope) or reset and restart the DLNA index (WebIF Diagnostics).

Interesting. So your proposition is that it's not just the completed recording that gets indexed, but a sweep of the whole media folder is made?

Yes, I think I read it somewhere on here, but I wouldn't know how to find it again.
I think it does the whole disk(partition), not just the(a) folder.

I'm finding it can take a couple of hours from turning the box on for the above process to complete so that I can move the files over to my PC.
By the way - shrink is not dependent on decryption, and once a recording is indexed it can be decrypted during download, so the minimum delay would be:

a) Don't move the recording from where it was recorded;

b) Set it to shrink without decryption;

c) When the DLNA and shrunk icons appear, use the WebIF OPT+ download option to send to PC.

It shouldn't be taking a couple of hours - have you tried resetting the DLNA database to see if that resolves the problem?

By the way - shrink is not dependent on decryption, and once a recording is indexed it can be decrypted during download, so the minimum delay would be:

a) Don't move the recording from where it was recorded;

b) Set it to shrink without decryption;

c) When the DLNA and shrunk icons appear, use the WebIF OPT+ download option to send to PC.

a) I'm using Sweeper to move all radio recordings to one folder so that they can then be automatically processed.

It appears to be the DLNA that is taking the time, once that has done the Shrink & Decrypt are done within the same minute (according to log)

It's the DLNA indexer that is holding things up - the other processes will not initiate until the file in question has the DLNA icon next to it in the WebIF media browser.

IIRC the indexer will usually pick up a new recording fairly quickly after the recording completes (presuming the box is not recording in standby), but if the completed recording gets moved by sweeper or flatten (or whatever) the index for that file becomes invalid and it can be a long time before a new index is added. There is nothing you can do to force it, other than reboot (and hope) or reset and restart the DLNA index (WebIF Diagnostics).
Toggling Contect Share will produce an immediate resheduling and initation of the DLNA indexing.
By the way - shrink is not dependent on decryption
I thought when both auto Shrink and auto decryption were in place that shrink was dependant on decryption so that autobookmarks would work. AVBookmarks piggybacks on the decryption processing, but Shrink strips the epg data which AVBookmarks uses and therefore shrink has to be dependent on decrypt when all 3 are desired.

Toggling Contect Share will produce an immediate resheduling and initation of the DLNA indexing.
Very useful, thanks.

I thought when both auto Shrink and auto decryption were in place that shrink was dependant on decryption so that autobookmarks would work. AVBookmarks piggybacks on the decryption processing, but Shrink strips the epg data which AVBookmarks uses and therefore shrink has to be dependent on decrypt when all 3 are desired.
The bookmarking in arbookmarks is not dependent on decryption, but must be performed before shrinking strips out the data frames. Processes mediated by WebIF auto are performed in the right order.

We had some discussion about the interaction between auto-processes and DLNA indexing a while ago, but I can't remember the outcome.

We had some discussion about the interaction between auto-processes and DLNA indexing a while ago, but I can't remember the outcome.
The auto-shrink process was changed to defer itself until after decryption for folders set up for both actions to occur. It looks like something similar needs to happen for sweeper too.

Is there a desperate hurry?
Sometimes.

As an example, a recording took place at 06:55 to 07:35 this morning, I turned the box on at 09:09 and the file was immediately moved over to the Recordings folder by sweeper and renamed.

As of now though the file still has not got a DLNA index so has not been decrypted or shrunk.

I'll make changes to sweeper so that it waits until after the decryption has occurred before it moves things around. I think that should be the default behaviour.

The auto-shrink process was changed to defer itself until after decryption for folders set up for both actions to occur. It looks like something similar needs to happen for sweeper too.
In cases where sweeper is used to send a recording to a folder where the decryption etc will take place, there will still be a delay until re-indexed. This won't be a problem if global auto-decrypt is turned on. However, when flatten is used to kick series recordings into the root (My Video), this will have taken priority and again there will be a delay until re-indexed.

Would it be more effective (and possible) to disable and re-enable content sharing immediately after a flatten or sweeper move to trigger re-indexing?

I'll make changes to sweeper so that it waits until after the decryption has occurred before it moves things around. I think that should be the default behaviour.
That won't work for me though as I only have Auto Decrypt & Shrink set for the Radio Recordings folder.

These are the only files I move from the Humax to listen to in a different location.

I don't want to cause any issues here, I just wondered if the automated processing of the files could be sped up.

If not I would rather things stay as they are.

The time saved renaming, decrypting and shrinking the files manually far outweighs the time spent waiting for the automated process to complete.

That won't work for me though as I only have Auto Decrypt & Shrink set for the Radio Recordings folder.
You're right. In that case, your box is working as I would expect. The DLNA indexer does a full disk scan after a boot. Sweeper must be kicking in after that has done its job which will mean that the recording won't be indexed until another recording completes, the box is rebooted or the content server is turned off and on again.

Would it be more effective (and possible) to disable and re-enable content sharing immediately after a flatten or sweeper move to trigger re-indexing?
Possible but would probably take a lot of time to get working (it most likely would involve playing with the memory space of the Humax software).

Back