Forgetful 9300T is now freezing

philip43

Hi all,
This is my first post so please bear with me.
I've had a 9300T for 3 years, at first it was fine except for the long delay in loading up the Guide prog info, but just lately has started to forget to record programs that I have set, including missing the odd one out of a series - so annoying. Anyway, yesterday, I noticed that waking it out of standby it would freeze after only 2 or 3 selections from the remote. I would then have to switch off at the mains socket in order to get it working again, but again for only 2 or 3 remote selections.
Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what's the fix?

Hi all,
Anyway, yesterday, I noticed that waking it out of standby it would freeze after only 2 or 3 selections from the remote. I would then have to switch off at the mains socket in order to get it working again, but again for only 2 or 3 remote selections.
What software version is the box using? (Menu>System>Status>)

Hardware rev 1.0
Software version UPTTF 1.00.12
Loader version a 4.35
That is your problem; you need to update to the latest software version which is 1.00.26. It is currently available OTA. Try Menu>Installation (Default password is 0000) >Software update>Automatic update. If that doesn't work please state the System ID of your box (same screen as software version).

That is your problem; you need to update to the latest software version which is 1.00.26. It is currently available OTA. Try Menu>Installation (Default password is 0000) >Software update>Automatic update. If that doesn't work please state the System ID of your box (same screen as software version).
I've tried this twice now and each time the Humax display gets as far as "E-HW" and then it freezes. I've left it for 30 mins each time but nothing happens. The system ID is 3023.0000

I've tried this twice now and each time the Humax display gets as far as "E-HW" and then it freezes. I've left it for 30 mins each time but nothing happens. The system ID is 3023.0000
System ID is correct. Do a reset to default settings and then try again.

System ID is correct. Do a reset to default settings and then try again.
That seems to have done the trick. Thank you SO much for your help, I now know where to come if I experience any more problems in the future. Have a great Christmas and a happy New Year.

I think this may be my problem! Is the latest software version the same or has it been updated since this first enquiry?
Thanks

Similar to OP-freezing, needs to be turned off/on to work. Remote use makes it race through the channels without stop so I'm manually switching channels

Back