Formatting Problem

Trev

The Dumb One
Any ideas why my Hummy Web I/F looks like the attached pics on my lappy? It's OK on my desktop and my Surface Pro.I am running the lappy at the recommended res of 1920x1080 with no other scaling.

Hummy 2.JPG Hummy1.JPG

Our small W10 laptop does things like that, but it's using the factory default settings which do include a (I think) 150% scaling somewhere.

At the risk of talking out of my rear end here...
It looks like the problem I have when a browser is unsuitable for the website - the various cascading style sheets (css) are either ignored or the browser can't cope. Therefore, my question to Trev would be - what browsers are you using on your various pieces of kit? Could you run the same browser (and version) on your laptop as you do on your desktop? If you can, does this solve the problem?

Last year I had a similar problem on one machine (using Firefox).

Solved!
After loading Firefox on a third machine, which rendered correctly, I went through all the settings to see if anything was different on the rogue machine. I found Options/Content/Fonts and Colours was set to Times New Roman 20, whereas the other machines were set to Times New Roman 16. Changing this setting has fixed the problem.:)

I am running the lappy at the recommended res of 1920x1080 with no other scaling.
Not even within the browser?
My browsers' Web I/F look very much like that if I have them zoomed in slightly with the option 'Zoom text only' set.
Try CTL+zero, though I'd expect MBAX's suggestion also to be a possibility, as there is nothing on the screen shots to tell one cause from the other.

Could you run the same browser (and version) on your laptop as you do on your desktop? If you can, does this solve the problem?
Yes, I run Chrome on all my devices and it's only the lappy that does it.
(I think) 150% scaling somewhere.
Tried that. It was set to 100%, but I have swapped that around to no avail.
Just tried Edge, and it's OK. Weird.
Not even within the browser?
No. Just tried altering the zoom in Chrome and it makes no difference. Also, I can zoom around on my desktop and Surface Pro and its solid OK. It's OK on my Android tablet as well.
I found Options/Content/Fonts and Colours was set to Times New Roman 20, whereas the other machines were set to Times New Roman 16.
Ah Ha. That was the problem. (been running down the investigations and unfortunately left yours to last:().
I had the text size in Chrome set to 'Large'. Changed it to 'Normal'. Problem solved.
Thanks to all for your inputs.:D

Now then, what about my other problem with file renaming HERE?

Back