Forum software upgraded!

I have this (thanks https://ezgif.com/):
The 17M px high element, new since the Xenforo update.
Scrolling the page.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2020-10-15 12:14:56.png
    Screenshot at 2020-10-15 12:14:56.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 18
  • scrolling down-2020-10-15_12.18.00.gif
    scrolling down-2020-10-15_12.18.00.gif
    896.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I can't replicate that in any of my browsers - does clearing the cache help?

The forum software has been upgraded to v2.2.1, and release details can be found HERE.
There have been a few security updates applied over the past few months (not by me but by the company that hosts these servers on my behalf). This is the first that has been visible though.
It looks like we have new forum and thread types as a result of this new version, which could be interesting.

I can't reproduce the 17M px attachment list on a loaded FF ESR or Pale Moon 28.14 freshly installed, but I can with a relatively untweaked SeaMonkey 2.53.4 (just NoScript, I think), supposedly aping FF 60, or the same masquerading as FF ESR.

A new point release of SM is in the works, so I'll test that in due course, and meanwhile the quoted User CSS is a work-around in the unlikely event that others are affected.

I see at least one of my threads has been given the new property of an article. This has had the unwanted side-effect of displaying my forum profile under post 1, which was not written with that in mind. I now have to either re-write my profile, or there has to be a separate profile for that purpose.

I can't see any mechanism for me, as the author of post 1, to influence whether the thread is an article or an ordinary discussion.

Is there any actual benefit to this, from our perspective? Can the profile display be turned off? How do I find out what threads have been designated "articles"?

Last edited:
With JS enabled, you get a toolbar of mystery formatting icons of which the right-most is a ... (rotate 90 deg) that offers 3 more icons, even when there's enough room to place the three without the continuation. I expect that's what was meant. In the presentation I'm seeing it would be a very meagre, if tall, hamburger, like a geologist's core section.

You mean like in post 7. I don't see how three dots in a vertical line can be described as a hamburger.

In any case, we have already discovered the toolbar presentation is adaptive to screen (viewport?) width. I guess the dots are only expanded by a rule of hierarchy according to how much space there is.

But it sure as hell is easier to write.
I have the same space to the right of the hamburger to get another copy of B through to the chain. And why have two hamburgers?

But it sure as hell is easier to write.
Its an ellipsis (ie a continuation mark) on its side, indicating a continuation to the toolbar. However, I see "hamburger" is used to describe the sub-menu icon comprising three bars (supposed to represent the appearance of a restaurant menu, rather than actually a hamburger), so now I understand the reference.

It's a shame people have to go their own way rather than follow an existing de-facto standard so as to be intuitive.

As shown in post #7, any adaptation to available width is ineffective.
Yes. My guess is what it is supposed to do, rather than a statement of what it actually does.

Back