FOX HDR slow to respond to remote - and then...

OldGoat

My trusted machine has suddenly decided to ignore my remote, then after a few admonishments it responds as normal....

I have tried waiting (for the box to warm up)
Used another remote
removed unwanted software
cleared all the recordings that we'll never watch
shouting at it

ALL to no effect

Any thoughts, gentle persons??

I have loads of web-if packages - but am not sure whic ones to remove without destroying the few feature that we actually use

WHAT have I MISSED, please?

I would suggest looking at your disk statistics and running fix-disk in maintenance mode - a single bad sector in a key file can slow the system down .

Sorry - I should have included - 'ran disk diags' and they said 'fine' including the date whne the disk is due to expire...

But thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry - I should have included - 'ran disk diags' and they said 'fine' including the date whne the disk is due to expire...

But thanks for the suggestion!
MymsMan gave 2 suggestions. The other suggestion was "running fix-disk in maintenance mode ".

See the following thread where someone had a remote response issue, but after running fix-disk in maintenance mode the issue went away.

Update

So often folks don't respond when they have a solution - that doesn't help others.

Before I went further with the suggested solution, I thought I'd have a go at clearing out some of the add-ons I'd loaded and were either not relevant to my use or didn't seem important. Thus I chucked a few away - stupidly I didn't record exactly what (sorry).

Bingo after a couple of days the machine began to behave as expected = back to normal.
Sooo, thanks for the suggestions - all is good pro tem - at least

Coincidence? It fixed itself?:laugh:
Why did removal of "add-ons" not fix it immediately if it was one of them causing the problem? It fixed itself? :laugh: :frantic:

WHAT have I MISSED, please?
Cold restart; checking somebody hasn't accidentally pressed one of the mode buttons; checking it's working on the right control channel; checking the "PVR" button flashes when you press a button; system flush...

a single bad sector in a key file can slow the system down .
Sure, but that would result in a slow response not no response.

Back