Fox t2 change to Swedish region ?

axelman

I want to buy a FOX T2 from UK
I want to know if it is possible to change from "region UK" to "region Sweden".
Our clock is 13 when yours is 12, so I guess that is necessary so that the FOX clock is like the Swedish time.

The same guestion about Humax HDR 2000 T 500 GB.

I hope you can help me
Axelman

I do not think changing the time will be an issue as you will be receiving Swedish DVB-T transmissions and not UK though there does not seem to be many that are not encrypted. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_terrestrial_television_in_Sweden. The language options on my T2 are only English,Gaelic,Welsh and Irish so you may have some problems.The boffins will no doubt be along soon to give you some good tech advice that will help you way beyond my abilities.

The language options on my T2 are only English,Gaelic,Welsh and Irish so you may have some problems.
English/Gaelic/Welsh are the languages available available to the UK.
If you change to Sweden in the setup menus it should show the subtitle languages available for Sweden

There is a long list of countries available.

If you install the customised firmware the web interface is only available in UK English language and some packages may not work properly.

Last edited:
If you change to Sweden in the setup menus it should show the subtitle languages available for Sweden
If changed to "Sweden" on the hidden menus, the menus remain in English, even after a full reboot.

I want to buy a FOX T2 from UK
I want to know if it is possible to change from "region UK" to "region Sweden".
There is a hidden menu were you can change the country to "Sweden" but that is very unlikely enable the HDR-FOX T2 or the HDR-2000T for full Swedish use.
The models are designed and tested for UK use and the menu is more likely a hangover from off the shelf software or the PoC. Some have found that changing the country setting on the hidden menu will enable the HDR-FOX T2 for another countries frequencies so that it can be tuned.

Somewhere on this site there is already a few threads using the HDR-FOX T2 in other countries. They do not give much detail but they may contain some thoughts and experience with Accurate Recording, series linking and information available for a programme when you press the info button for a recording.

For Swedish clock see

For some other basic issues which are probably not resolvable unless Sweden TV has drastically changed in the past 9 years see

Last edited:
The language is not the big problem. I think that english will be OK.
But it is most important that the time region will be the same in the box as the "real" one.
/a

The language is not the big problem. I think that english will be OK.
But it is most important that the time region will be the same in the box as the "real" one.
/a
I'd edited my earlier post (and a bit more since then). Please see my earlier post

It's even more important that the broadcast parameters will be correct for Swedish TV. If it were me, I would want to find somebody who could confirm they had used one successfully in the region concerned before committing to purchase. Otherwise you're stuck with PVRs available on the local market.

Why is that?
Most of the packages should work fine but problems with 'special characters' still cause problems from time to time.
tunefix-update certainly won't work - keeping up with UK channel changes is hard enough.
It's even more important that the broadcast parameters will be correct for Swedish TV.
Agreed, you need to be sure you can actually receive and record all of the Swedish channels.

The system software (Fox T2) uses a 24-hour clock and knows about regional time zones, even to the extent of showing the zone on a globe in the Settings>Preferences>Time menu (on investigation there are only 3 globe icons, corresponding to UTC+0/1/2, of which UTC+1:00 covers Sweden). The actual time is supposed to be set from the received DTV signal, though the Custom Firmware offers alternatives for a box that is not connected to an aerial.

'GMT Offset' is a parameter in the system configuration database and I believe it can also be set without CF using the hidden menus ('Get Network Time').

It may be important that the 'Operator' is set correctly. The hidden menu list has the following items: Ziggo, Comhem, KDG, SkyD, ApsHdplus, Ficom, Freesat, CanalReady, RCS, NtvPlus, BBC, UPC. If none of those applies in Sweden, perhaps the time won't be set automatically?

A previous thread covered conversion of the UI language.

Last edited:
If it were me, I would want to find somebody who could confirm they had used one successfully in the region concerned before committing to purchase.
The link from post #7 demonstrates use in Sweden
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/old-...way-one-off-recordings.3843/page-9#post-58218
Most of the packages should work fine but problems with 'special characters' still cause problems from time to time.
tunefix-update certainly won't work - keeping up with UK channel changes is hard enough.
You have quoted my question out of context and have not answered it.
I was asking why you thought that the C/F would not be available.

I was asking why you thought that the C/F would not be available.
I never intended to say that it wouldn't be available
I meant to say English rather than UK, It would virtually impossible to translate the webif to any other language (unlike the Humax itself)

Last edited:
From my experience using a Humax in Poland, we did manage to translate the Humax interface to a certain extent https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/problems-with-using-abroad.9505/
There weren't any issues with the clock from what I remember, I don't think we even had to change the GMT offset. To pick up broadcasts, the operator setting didn't change anything, the only thing that had to be changed was using the country (to Germany, so the UHF and VHF frequencies were correct).
In the end, it's still working well, just a bit annoying due to the idiosyncrasies of Polish TV broadcasts (which are treated as a second though, as most people have Sattelite or Cable TV)

Back