Foxbox problems; losing picture, sound and webif access, but not power

The only reason any setting would be too high is if it is disturbingly audible. Any setting above zero is useful to confirm the fan actually works (although, for that purpose, I would choose 100%).

The setting you choose should be where you find an acceptable compromise between noise and cooling, and you can monitor the effect using the temperature plot in Sysmon. Too low a setting and the HDD temperature will rise until the standard algorithm cuts in and overrides fan. You'll get a cyclic up and down of temperature, which actually isn't very good for electronics and mechanical assemblies.

With sufficient setting (the lower limit will vary with ambient temperature), the temp plot will stabilise at some temperature below the Humax trigger point – depending on the actual setting and the ambient temperature.

FWIW, I have all my HDRs set to 40%, and (with an ambient temperature of 18°C) the HDDs read between 44 and 48°C. If I kicked that up to 50%, the steady temperatures would come down a little.

Note it can take a few minutes for a change of setting to take effect.
Again, thanks!

worst = 064
That's a lilltle high but shows the fan has been working correctly up to now, if you are still having temperature problems I would look at the SoC device, (the component in post #13), if it feels hot then a heatsink may help

That's a lilltle high but shows the fan has been working correctly up to now, if you are still having temperature problems I would look at the SoC device, (the component in post #13), if it feels hot then a heatsink may help
Is this a Humax item?

Quick question, since I installed the Fan package, I've been keeping an eye on the Sysmon disk temperature reading and I noticed that, for about half an hour, the fan was off. I thought the package kept it on all the time?

Quick question, since I installed the Fan package, I've been keeping an eye on the Sysmon disk temperature reading and I noticed that, for about half an hour, the fan was off. I thought the package kept it on all the time?
Sysmon does not know if the fan is on or not - it just reports what the standard humax without fan would do, Just look at the peak temperature which should be pretty constant

Thanks, everyone, for all your help, but I think I'm going to give up, keep the HDD and give away the rest of the box. Would anyone here like it?

Back