foxlink two HDRs?

I have been running foxlink very happily for three years now - its been great. Suddenly I am having problems that the HD Fox T2 will no longer remotely control the HDR Fox T2 functions to pause, stop, rewind, forward. Also the "time shift" functionality on the HD Fox T2 has stopped working correctly. I tried upgrading to latest CFW and got nowhere. Another HD Fox T2 with older CFW has the same problem... (I have spares!)

I also have a spare HDR FOX T2 which seems to be OK. Is it possible to link the two HDR units so each can view each other's files and have full remote control (like we used to enjoy with the HD Fox and foxlink)?

I have been running foxlink very happily for three years now - its been great. Suddenly I am having problems that the HD Fox T2 will no longer remotely control the HDR Fox T2 functions to pause, stop, rewind, forward. Also the "time shift" functionality on the HD Fox T2 has stopped working correctly. I tried upgrading to latest CFW and got nowhere. Another HD Fox T2 with older CFW has the same problem... (I have spares!)

I also have a spare HDR FOX T2 which seems to be OK. Is it possible to link the two HDR units so each can view each other's files and have full remote control (like we used to enjoy with the HD Fox and foxlink)?

Just turn on content share on each, all HDR-FOX-T2's can watch another's recordings on the same network (no need for custom firmware, they all DTC-IP protected DLNA client and server capability). You will have to change the infra red mode for one of the remotes so you can control both of them if they are in the same room.

Many thanks. Content share is ON for both boxes, they are both seeing each other's content and playing it OK. However whilst the remote unit is able to stop and pause the other unit, it is not able to rewind or fast forward. The "jump back" and "Jump forward" controls work OK. Thoughts?
Btw they are in separate rooms so no prob with RC codes:)

Suddenly I am having problems that the HD Fox T2 will no longer remotely control the HDR Fox T2 functions to pause, stop, rewind, forward. Also the "time shift" functionality on the HD Fox T2 has stopped working correctly

This probably means that the hard drive attached to the HD has a problem. Can you re-format it or connect it to a PC running Linux to check it for errors?

Is it possible to link the two HDR units so each can view each other's files and have full remote control

Yes, you can install foxlink on each HDR and give them the IP address of the other.

However whilst the remote unit is able to stop and pause the other unit, it is not able to rewind or fast forward.
That's normal for watching via content sharing. If you want full transport control, you need to use something like Foxlink.

Yes, you can install foxlink on each HDR and give them the IP address of the other.
No luck so far - both are running nfs-utils, both running fox-link pointing to each other's IP addresses, both see each other on the Network and can see each other's files, and can play then using normal DNLA Client (with restricted transport controls).

However, what I expected to see was a "virtual USB" disk showing the other machine's content - but neither show that...

So, what am I missing?

Sorted... as mentioned in the Foxlink thread - I needed virtual-disk2 installed as well. I have managed to get both HDRs to see each other's disks (as USB virtual disks) and both seem to be working nicely with full tricked transport controls - result ! Thanks very much:)

Back