FOXSAT access WD MyBookLive?

MikeH_iggs

Hi

I have a WD MyBookLive drive on my home network and wondered if the Freesat box can access the files on there at all?

This worked fine on my Humax Freeview HD recorder under Media -> Storage but I can't find it via the menus. This probably means it's not there but thought I'd ask the question.

Many thanks

Mike

Hi

I have a WD MyBookLive drive on my home network and wondered if the Freesat box can access the files on there at all?

This worked fine on my Humax Freeview HD recorder under Media -> Storage but I can't find it via the menus. This probably means it's not there but thought I'd ask the question.

Many thanks

Mike
You should be able to access the WD MyBookLive from the Foxsat if you install the custom firmware and the NASmount plugin, but the Foxsat can only play native Foxsat video *.ts files copied there from the Foxsat (including the associated *.hmt and *.nts files) , or video previously converted to that format using the AV2HDR utility.

Thanks. So even with the Custom Firmware, it has to be *.ts? That'd be a shame, more conversion to do.

Thing is, the Sony TV sees the drive, finds the folders but says there are no files in them, when they're mp4 anyway. Alternative would be to find just what format it will play (says mp4 on the Sony site) but having been totally happy with the Custom firmware in the T2, I'll go with that for the FOXSAT anyway and play around with it.

Thanks again

Back