FOXSAT-HDR connected to FREESAT TV

Doug Blake

Next week I take delivery of a swishy new Samsung 55H8000 which has Freesat tuners. Can I connect my Hummy through to the TV so I can use the TV tuners as well as the Hummy ones. I could then record up to 4 channels at a time (or separate my recordings from the missus)

You can use the tuner 1 out connection to give a limited choice of channels on the TV whilst the box is on or recording. In full low power sby the TV should have access to all the channels. Freesat TV's normally only have a single satellite tuner and can normally only record the channel you are viewing.

You can use the tuner 1 out to give a limited choice of channels on the TV whilst the box is on or recording. In full low power sby the TV should have access to all the channels. Freesat TV's normally only have a single satellite tuner and can normally only record the channel you are viewing.
Yes, and you need an external USB hard disk attached to the TV to do even that.

Thanks both for that. This TV is brilliant. 2 Freesat tuners and an external USB drive for record / playback (I have a very useful 1Tb 3 inch drive to hand). If the setup gets messy, I shall probably ditch the HDR. While a very good box, I've always had issues with the Humax. Sometimes very slow to respond to commands from the handset and pretty rubbish colour choice on the program guide, my eyes ain't as good as they used to be.

Back