FOXSAT HDR - HELP NEW USER !!

lfcwhoelse

Just switched from sky to a Humax Foxsat-HDR box. I have managed to get the channels showing in `FREESAT` and `NON FREESAT` mode.

My problem is how do I move (if at all) a channel from `NON FREESAT MODE` to `FREESAT MODE`

It is not essential that you have it connected to your router/computer network/internet, but there is little point in installing the custom software if you cannot access the HDR from your computer. All the shuffling about of programs etc. is done via a web interface served by the custom software on the Hummy. I suggest that you do a bit of reading. Download the software and read the readme several times until you understand it and then read it again.
of the main brilliant 'culprits' for it, raydon and others, are also active on this site and generally help out newbies, so long as they have read the stuff that he has written about it and don't ask questions that he has already answered.
It is easy to install, and once you have connected your Hummy to your computer there are wondrous things that you can do with it. One of which, is exactly what you want to be able to do. You cannot do it without the custom software though.

It is not essential that you have it connected to your router/computer network/internet, but there is little point in installing the custom software if you cannot access the HDR from your computer. All the shuffling about of programs etc. is done via a web interface served by the custom software on the Hummy. I suggest that you do a bit of reading. Download the software and read the readme several times until you understand it and then read it again.
of the main brilliant 'culprits' for it, raydon and others, are also active on this site and generally help out newbies, so long as they have read the stuff that he has written about it and don't ask questions that he has already answered.
It is easy to install, and once you have connected your Hummy to your computer there are wondrous things that you can do with it. One of which, is exactly what you want to be able to do. You cannot do it without the custom software though.

Cheers Trev :)

Sorry Trev, but realistically you do need an Internet connection to the Foxsat so that the Web Interface can download packages from the online repository. In theory you could install everything using a USB stick, but you would need to first download the required packages manually from the repository anyway. Then, because some packages depend on others, they have to be installed in the correct order. Bit of a nightmare for newbies so best forget it. With an internet connection to the Web Interface the dependencies are all dealt with automatically. And don't worry, I don't bite unless it's someone like Trev is asking the same question for the umpteenth time because he can't find the documentation that's under his nose.

You are of course right raydon. My stupid mistake. I should have left it for you to answer in the first place as I bow to your far superior knowledge.
raydon said:
I don't bite unless it's someone like Trev asking the same question for the umpteenth time
Who me? Where's that damn angel emoticon?

You are of course right raydon. My stupid mistake. I should have left it for you to answer in the first place as I bow to your far superior knowledge.Who me? Where's that damn angel emoticon?
I think this one is more your style ! :frantic:

Back