Foxsat HDR Info not working

Greylox

Hi, I noticed this afternoon that when I press info button, it lists what was on at 13:15 today, and recordings don't work.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong.

Using Custom Firmware 4.1.3

Thanks
Greylox

Hi, I noticed this afternoon that when I press info button, it lists what was on at 13:15 today, and recordings don't work.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong.

Using Custom Firmware 4.1.3

Thanks
Greylox
Same issue here on two different boxes. A cold boot and EPG refresh using the remote has not fixed it. An issue with all the channels I've checked.

Not an issue on Freeview, only on Freesat.

This is also affecting my HDR-1000s too so I guess it's a Freesat issue. Nothing recorded by Foxsat since Friday night and test recordings failed on 1000s as it's getting no Now/Next or EPG info.

Foxsat HDR with most recent firmware. Yesterday, I found that I couldn't move from one channel to another by opening the EPG and selecting the desired channel (I was offered the options to record a program instead) but had no problem moving to any channel by using the remote to send the channel number (e.g. 103 for ITV 1). More checking showed that recordings were failing, also that the information shown by pressing the Info button didn't reflect the channel that would be displayed. All diagnostics were fine and channel 999 shows 100% strength and quality. I then went been through a re-tune of Freesat channels and then a factory reset without success before finding this post.

I take it I'm suffering from the same gremlins? :alien:

Living in France with a capped satellite broadband connection, so no realistic options for catching up with my favourite programs if the Hummy fails! - wouldn't want to miss McMafia finale this evening!

Iain

Last edited:
My Foxsat has just developed the same fault yesterday. Nothing I schedule records. The guide schedules the recording, but I just end up with failed recordings. Importantly, when I press the Information button on my remote, the correct time is shown as current time, but the program time and synopsis are stuck on the program that was broadcast yesterday at 4:00 pm. I have powered off-on, done the factory reset. No change. Software version HPRSFCI 1.oo.21 (27 Jul 2012).

I think that Sky/Freesat have been having problems for the last couple of days that affects everyone.

A potential solution for now is to schedule the recordings manually instead of off the EPG. At least this worked on the Foxsat-HDR.

I'm considering a new feature in Remote Scheduling to convert all scheduled recordings to manual ones but it gets quite tricky to work out when to apply padding.

I don't think that amount of effort to solve a temporary problem is warranted, unless you have nothing else to be doing...

But make it switch on/off able for when the sat broadcasters sort it out tomorrow.
(No, I don't know whether they will or not, just repeating wot BH sed)

Last edited:
A potential solution for now is to schedule the recordings manually instead of off the EPG. At least this worked on the Foxsat-HDR
That is how I record the most critical recording I make of the RadMac radio show I rip to my PMP to listen to at work so hopefully that still works tomorrrow afternoon if they have not fixed it by then. For everything else I can use catchup on my BT Youview box. At a guess it is a time server process that has crashed at Freesat Central that needs a reboot.

Last edited:
My Foxsat has just developed the same fault yesterday. Nothing I schedule records. The guide schedules the recording, but I just end up with failed recordings. Importantly, when I press the Information button on my remote, the correct time is shown as current time, but the program time and synopsis are stuck on the program that was broadcast yesterday at 4:00 pm. I have powered off-on, done the factory reset. No change. Software version HPRSFCI 1.oo.21 (27 Jul 2012).

When mine stopped recording, I did a factory reset, rescanned all channels, and reformatted the hard disk. Seems OK so far. But haven't checked in the last week or two

They all played up recently. Not because anything was wrong with the boxes, but because someone at Freesat screwed up.
So a factory reset, re-scan and HDD format would have had no effect whatsoever other than to wipe all your recordings, it was Freesat sorting it at their end that fixed it.:roflmao:

Back