Foxsat HDR linked to Seagate 1Tb external drive.

hossman

Hello,
Help needed please on the following problem.
I connected a Seagate 1Tb external drive to my Foxsat Hdr to download programmes to archive. I formatted the Seagate to "FAT32" before using it. It worked fine transferring programmes from the Foxsat to the Seagate for several months connecting via the USB port on the front of the Foxsat. Suddenly now, every time I try to "change device" to the Seagate, it causes the Foxsat to reboot and I cannot get it to recognise the Seagate. the Seagate will still play my previously transferred files via my laptop with no problems (Laptop runs Windows 7) It has been suggested to me that the reason is because I should have formatted the Seagate as a "Linux" If this is so, how is it that it worked fine for quite a while.
Thanks for any advice.

Linux EXT FS simply removes the 4GB file size limitation of FAT32. I would copy any files you haven't already got on your PC and reformat the drive and then replace the content as a first step.

Linux EXT FS simply removes the 4GB file size limitation of FAT32. I would copy any files you haven't already got on your PC and reformat the drive and then replace the content as a first step.
Thanks Graham. I am still mystified why it worked fine for quite some time. Could it be a firmware update from Humax has changed something?

Back