Foxsat HDR LNB Out to Sky+ Box

Lt. Dang

Ok, was looking for a replacement for my Sky+ box and thought the Foxsat HDR looked like a great choice especially given the upgrade options. So got my hands on one and upgraded the HDD to 1TB which was straightforward. Then installed Raydon's excellent custom firmware along with Nowster's patch and all is working well. Now able to stream SD and HD recordings and live TV to my tablet. Much more fexible than my Sky+ box, which brings me to my question (yes I'm geting there finally). My Sky contract has a couple of weeks to run and I have recordings on it to watch. But Sky box won't play ball without at least one satellite feed. Thought I could switch the Sky box to single input and use the LNB out on the back of the Foxsat to feed the Sky box? But the box stubbornly says it's not receiving a signal? Do I need to do something to turn the LNB output on? Any ideas gratefully accepted.
Regards,

Lt. Dang

Not sure about that. For a while I fed my TV from the out from my Foxsat and that worked OK, except when recordings were going on. I assume your Foxsat is in standby?

Does your Sky+ box need two feeds to function? It's a long time since we ditched Sky, and we never had Sky+.

This question was also posted on AV Forums here and has already been answered with the information that OP requested.

Last edited:
Yes, thanks raydon. I have it figured out. Just checking, did I break protocol by posting my question on AV Forums too? Wasn't sure where the best place to post was to get an answer?
Regards,
Lt. Dang

Back