Foxsat HDR lost connection to TV

Jane785

Turned on the box this morning which came on to the last channel watched. Tried to change channels but the red PVR light remained on instead of blinking and box did not respond. I took out the batteries and re-inserted them and it worked the one time, then the red light came (and stayed) on. For the box to respond to anything I had to keep disconnecting the batteries and then put them in again. I could change channels using the buttons on the front of the box. Put new batteries in but now although the channel change shows on the box display, the TV screen stays blank.
Has anyone any ideas as to what could be wrong? I am loathe to buy a new remote in case it's the box which is faulty or buy a new box in case it's just the remote control!

How can it be the box if it's the remote that has a red light stuck on???
Sounds like you've got a button stuck down on the remote to me. Press them all and make sure.

How can it be the box if it's the remote that has a red light stuck on???
Sounds like you've got a button stuck down on the remote to me. Press them all and make sure.
Sorry, forgot to add the red light went out after I changed the batteries and that one and the other buttons now light up when pressed and go off again as normal. Also forgot to say that I can't change channels by using the buttons on the box now either whereas I could before. The box display shows the channel has changed but the TV screen remains blank. Have just turned the box off with the remote but it won't do anything else, even after removing and re-inserting the batteries.

There is some confusion in your first post - it doesn't help that you refer to things happening on the remote control and the Foxsat "box" all in the same sentence. It seemed like you were saying that fiddling with the batteries on the remote affected what the Foxsat was doing, which pointed blame at the remote, but then you were saying about buttons on the "box" presumably meaning the Foxsat.

We need a clear description of the symptoms in order to assess what might be happening, and I'm not a Foxsat expert so I'm trying to get to a position where Foxsat owners will recognise what the problem might be.

Step one is to put fresh batteries in the remote. When the batteries run down all the mode buttons flash in succession so you should know about it, but we can't diagnose if there is any doubt where to focus attention. There are some hints to checking the remote is working in Things Every... (click) section 13 (Things Every... is mostly specific to HD/HDR-FOX, but a remote is a remote).

Frankly, your "blank" TV screen simply sounds like the TV isn't looking at the right input. Identify which input the Foxsat is connected to (one of the HDMI ports unless you are connected by SCART or AV), find a button marked "source" on the TV remote, and press it to check which input the TV is using.

Sorry to cause confusion (must be beginnings of 'old timer's disease'). The problem was very hard to explain and I was very confused myself. Anyway, I won't cause you any more trouble because I have solved the problem by cleaning the remote control following the instructions in the link from elsewhere on this forum.
Sorry to have bothered you and thank you for your input.

Back