Foxsat HDR showing phanton usb key

diode84

Hello
My foxsat hdr with custom firmware and nowsters patch is showing a phantom usb key that is not there. If I attach a key it shows two and I cant copy anything from the box at all, get no mem available.
Has anyone any ideas.
Thanks
diode84

Do you have NASMount installed? This creates a virtual USB drive.
See WebIf documentation for full details.

That is possible, any way I could find this out. I take that back, I remember what the webif is and will have a look.

From the WebIf see:
(a) 'Package Management', 'Installed'.
(b) Documentation - see if you have 'NASMount Plug-in Guide'.

It was installed so I removed it and rebooted the box. Cant tell if it worked for half an hour or so till the tv is free.
I did install it to get access to the hdr from puppy linux with samba.
I will get back.

I don't understand why you think uninstalling is going to help. The fact that you had NASMount installed accounts for the "extra" USB mount, that is expected, but it does not explain why you are having this "no mem available" problem.

It didn't make any difference anyway. The extra usb was removed but I still get the error message - no more storage available when I try to copy from the hdr.

The extra usb was removed but I still get the error message - no more storage available when I try to copy from the hdr.
Disk storage is not memory and it just confuses if you refer to it as such.
Can you telnet into the box and issue the following commands to see what they produce:
Code:
humax# df -h
humax# mount

I think I may have the solution, the usb was not big enough, a one minute recording did transfer perfectly. Sorry about that.
I did mistake memory for the exact error which was; no more storage available.

Back