Foxsat HDR - Streaming HD

Lanscolva

Hi. I’ve looked at a number of posts but can't find an answer.

I can stream SD recordings to a Samsung Smart TV using MediaTomb. When I try and watch an HD program it plays for 10-15 secs on the TV and then freezes. There is a still a lot of WiFi activity but no further picture movement. I wonder if it’s a problem streaming encrypted HD or a problem with my WiFi which is quite old.

So is it possible to stream HD via MediaTomb or copy an unencrypted version of HD recordings to a USB stick so that it can then be played on another TV. I would like to do this with programs that are already recorded.

If it’s not possible via the custom firmware are there any other ways of getting an unencrypted copy of an HD program off the Foxsat HDR?

Thanks.

Hi. I’ve looked at a number of posts but can't find an answer.

I can stream SD recordings to a Samsung Smart TV using MediaTomb. When I try and watch an HD program it plays for 10-15 secs on the TV and then freezes. There is a still a lot of WiFi activity but no further picture movement. I wonder if it’s a problem streaming encrypted HD or a problem with my WiFi which is quite old.

So is it possible to stream HD via MediaTomb or copy an unencrypted version of HD recordings to a USB stick so that it can then be played on another TV. I would like to do this with programs that are already recorded.

If it’s not possible via the custom firmware are there any other ways of getting an unencrypted copy of an HD program off the Foxsat HDR?

Thanks.

You can only stream the currently playing program in HD. HD recordings are encrypted and I don't think you can decrypt them. See this thread:

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/network-enabled-hummy.4203/

You can have all future HD recordings stored unencrypted if you install nowster's settop patch. Just run this command from a telnet session to install it.
Code:
opkg install http://www.nowster.org.uk/humax/settop-patch_4.0.9utc_mips.opk

Does the nowster link work with the lastest CF

edit: its ok it didnt work first time but installed on second attempt. Does the box need rebooting after this is installed ?

Back