Foxsat HDR stuck in delete loop

OP
R

ricobasso

Member
No that doesn't work either

Code:
Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client

Escape Character is 'CTRL+]'

Microsoft Telnet> o 192.168.0.11
Connecting To 192.168.0.11...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed
Microsoft Telnet>
 
OP
R

ricobasso

Member
Both Router and Humax re-booted - still ping OK but no telnet (on ports 23 or 80).
Code:
Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client

Escape Character is 'CTRL+]'

Microsoft Telnet> o 192.168.0.11
Connecting To 192.168.0.11...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed
Microsoft Telnet> o 192.168.0.11.80
Connecting To 192.168.0.11.80...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed
Microsoft Telnet> o 192.168.0.11 80
Connecting To 192.168.0.11...Could not open connection to the host, on port 80: Connect failed
Microsoft Telnet>
 
OP
R

ricobasso

Member
This is key.
Yes, when I first got to the Web Interface Page (after using MS Edge and then Chrome after clearing the cache) I installed Telnet onto the Humax.
I would do it again to be double sure but I can't get to the Interface page from any browser now
 
OP
R

ricobasso

Member
Have you tried reinstalling the telnet package via the USB stick method?
I suspect your disk/filesystem(s) are a bit ill and as the package is stored on the hard disk, it's a bit of a chicken/egg thing.
I'm somewhat confused. I dont have instructions on installing just the telnet package via USB. I only have instructions for the initial custom firmware FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf via USB, which I have done. Does this not include the telnet package?

I don't think the problem lies in the Humax. A search from Windows Explorer using the IP address does not find the Humax.
 

prpr

Well-Known Member
I dont have instructions on installing just the telnet package via USB.
It's all in post #11.
Does this not include the telnet package?
Usually, yes. But nobody knows what you actually did to reinstall the CF.
I was suggesting you just reinstall the Telnet package - copy the telnet_1.0_mips.opk file to a USB stick and plug it in. Something might happen and you regain Telnet access. Your only other option would seem to be to reinstall the whole CF.
A search from Windows Explorer using the IP address does not find the Humax.
Why should it? Even more so when something is broken.
 
OP
R

ricobasso

Member
I have re-installed the custom firmware just in case. It went fine.

I then installed telnet. this is the log from the USB telnet install

Code:
Install started
cp: unable to open `/opt/tmp/telnet_1.0_mips.opk': No such file or directory
Collected errors:
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/opt/': File exists.
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/opt': File exists.
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/opt': File exists.
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/opt': File exists.
* pkg_init_from_file: Failed to make temp file /telnet_1.0_mips.opk.control.cRw7jQ: Read-only file system.
* rm_r: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.
rm: cannot remove `/opt/tmp/telnet_1.0_mips.opk': No such file or directory
Install done
 
Last edited:

prpr

Well-Known Member
You provide an irritating lack of detail. Is the web interface working now? Is telnet working now? The log doesn't look good, but I'm not familiar enough with the foibles of the Foxsat to know whether the /opt containing partition (4) has gone read-only or not.
(The Telnet server lives in /opt so if it has become corrupted and stops running, how do you get in via Telnet to run fix-disk to fix it? This seems like a catch-22 to me. I guess reinstalling the CF fixes the filesystems if broken.)
 
OP
R

ricobasso

Member
No, neither the web interface nor telnet is working now...

...seemed like catch 22 to me too. So... I started again.

I re-installed the CF from scratch using a fresh USB stick. It went fine according to the TV and the Humax display. I had to re-boot. It all appeared fine.
I went back to my PC. The Humax was still not visible in Windows Explorer. I could ping the IP address from a CMD window. I could not open (o) it from a PC telnet window
I then installed telnet via USB on the HUmax. The file name suffix changed from .opk to .opk.done and the log file is as in post #77. I scan still ping but cannot telnet to it.

I'm not any more familiar than you, with the foibles of the Foxsat to know whether the /opt containing partition (4) has gone read-only or not, but I don't see how it can have all by itself.
 
Top