FOXSAT HDR - synchronising picture and sound

greenarrow

My Foxsat HDR is connected to the TV by HDMI. To improve the quality of the sound I have connected the two sound outlets of the DVI to my stereo unit, and listen to the sound via the Auxilary option on my stereo unit. It all works, except that the sound is ahead of the picture. Any suggestions for synchronising the sound to the picture?

Can you explain what you mean by two sound outputs of the DVI ? To feed a stereo in sync with the picture you need to use the TV's audio outputs. If you you feed the picture by hdmi to a TV and the sound without the video to a AV amp from the hdr the tv's video processing will mean the sound from the hdr is behind the TV. Audio output from the TV should be in synch as the TV should delay it to match the video processing delay.

OOps, I should have said Audio outputs on the back of the HDR (a novice despite my years - sorry). With the HDMI cable providing the sound to the TV , I have to slide the lip-sync along a little to bring the speech in line with the picture. Relying on the sound from the Stereo Unit (Connected via the Audio ports on the HDR), the lip-sync needs to be slid further to the right. The reason for prefering to connect to the stereo unit to the HDR? I would like to play the radio channels without the TV being on.

OOps, I should have said Audio outputs on the back of the HDR (a novice despite my years - sorry). With the HDMI cable providing the sound to the TV , I have to slide the lip-sync along a little to bring the speech in line with the picture. Relying on the sound from the Stereo Unit (Connected via the Audio ports on the HDR), the lip-sync needs to be slid further to the right. The reason for prefering to connect to the stereo unit to the HDR? I would like to play the radio channels without the TV being on.

If your amplifier has a spare input connect both the hdr and the TV to the stereo, just use TV input for watching TV and the hdr one for radio.

Back