foxsat hdr500 pixelating problem

alanmg

for the last few weeks I have been having occassional random pixilation sometimes with the picture freezing fo a second or so or 'breaking' in half.
It can happen on HD programs or standard..Just watched about an hour and a half of tv no problem at all, yet earlier it was breaking up every few seconds.Now it is doing it now and again on BBC3 ,quite minor pixilation.
Tried manual tuning , factory reset, signal strength shows 80-90% and 100%
Paused a program whilst taking a phone call for 5 minutes and when started up again the picture was fine but no sound.
Put it back to live and sound came back,first time that this has happened.
Dish has painted alignment marks on it, so the dish has not moved in the recent winds and the tv upstairs which runs through an old Sky+ box works absolutely fine.
Any ideas what the problem can be and hopefully what the solution is.

Thanks Alan

I put it down to the pixies. They play havoc with those pixils.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

for the last few weeks I have been having occassional random pixilation sometimes with the picture freezing fo a second or so or 'breaking' in half.
One possible cause could be the hard drive beginning to fail and the disturbances being due to the hard drive reallocating one or more sectors. We saw something very similar on a HDR-FOX T2 where the drive was reallocating forty to fifty sectors a day; replaced the hard drive and everything was back to normal.

Back