FoxT2 Directories created - how to stop

Umpa

Can someone please tell my what I have done to make by humax create loads of directories.

Screen1.png

Last edited:
Something to do with Sweeper perhaps?
Presumably you know what you have changed recently so you can undo it? No-one else knows what you did.

No I have no-idea. I don't mess with it much it was months since I changed anything. I figured it might have been a package that I installed that has this unwanted side effect. I will look and see if I have installed sweeper.

Well I have just installed FW3.13 (may as well I guess) I had a package installed called Swapper, so I have uninstalled it and will see what happens.

This is what happens

Screen2.png

Swapper & Sweeper are completely different packages.

Swapper = creates a swapfile (IIRC)

Sweeper = Moves recordings to selected folders.

OK, but I didn't know you didn't know. As they have very similar names, its very easy to get confused.

Well I have just installed FW3.13 (may as well I guess) I had a package installed called Swapper, so I have uninstalled it and will see what happens.
Reinstall swapper; if lighthttpd depends on it being present it is very unwise to remove it.

When I first posted I did not know, but i soon found out. The directories names seem to be very specific so I figured someone would know what switch or package would be doing it. I don't even know under what condition these files are created under either. Could be anything. I have deleted all the files with the webif and I shall see if they get recreated.

Just so you know, I only use the Humax to record certain shows and decrypt them, then a NAS copies them for archival purposes, thus I hardly ever mess with it - hence I have to re-learn how to use it when it goes wrong - lol

I can't think of anything that would create folders like that.
Just to be sure, though, can you post your sweeper configuration? It's usually easier to open it in the file editor and post the text version.

then a NAS copies them for archival purposes
I think this might be the culprit. Clearly the NAS can see the Humax file system as part of its own operating environment, and we've never seen anything like that native to the HDR-FOX or the custom firmware, so...

I can't think of anything that would create folders like that.
Just to be sure, though, can you post your sweeper configuration? It's usually easier to open it in the file editor and post the text version.
I don't have this sweeper installed.

I think this might be the culprit. Clearly the NAS can see the Humax file system as part of its own operating environment, and we've never seen anything like that native to the HDR-FOX or the custom firmware, so...
Perhaps, but its never done it until now. I have updated the NAS firmware over the years so that might be the reason. I have deleted the files and will see if they come back.

Well its done it again, so the next thing is to stop the overnight backup. If it does it then, it has to be the Humax otherwise it is NAS that is writing files during a backup process. I'll let you know in a few days.

Hi, its deffo the NAS. It creates the files when a backup in initiated, I don't know why I guess I have to ask in their toxic forums i guess. Thanks for all your help.

It's not a huge problem - they are only small, and you could write a sweeper rule to delete them automatically when they appear.

It's not a huge problem - they are only small, and you could write a sweeper rule to delete them automatically when they appear.
The main problem is that on the small occasion I do use the humax to watch a recorded programme the files show up in the media listing obscuring what I want to select. Is there any info on this sweeper package ?, I have not used it this sounds like it might be the answer.

Back