FoxT2 Hootoo connection

At the risk of stating the obvious; did you extract the upgrade from the zip file that you downloaded or just renamed it? It should be extracted.
Yes, I did extract it.

The file I have on the USB is hdr_fox_t3_upgrade.hdf

Is that correct?

ETA, above should read hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf, which is what I have.

Last edited:
:dunno:You're on your own.

That presumes I have access to an uncorrupt version. The best I could offer you is 3.13 + iplfix (nothing wrong in that), but I'm still trying to work out where the error has occurred so it doesn't happen again.

Yes, and if I didn't make that clear earlier it's my fault.

Edit: I did.
OK. I don't mind doing it, I just don't know how.

Talk me through what to do on the file check sum site you linked to pls.

It would be if it's actually hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf. If named anything else, it won't be recognised as an update at all.

I have things to be doing now, sorry.
Ok. Thanks for your time.

ETA. Did the hash thingy on both files. Not a clue what I am doing, but the numbers it reports are different.

9dd3271e40c0170a7664f77a1781cb0f6444209e

34a498572f75e89db8410db3558602fd2b1338cb

ETA

Downloaded the file again and unzipped to USB drive. Same error code, but numbers on hashtag thing were the same this time.

Time spent: Far too much. Time to give up. Thanks for all the advice and laughs guys, its been fun. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:
:(

In case this helps: 1.03.12/3.13

SHA1: 15f20c0a2abc27ffce5a6949be982c461ad23c31

Once up and running with the CF and its web interface (WebIF), to restore iPlayer functionality: WebIF >> Package Management >> Available >> iplfix >> Install (and reboot).
Ok. It installed the CF ok, and I have access to the web interface.

Thank you

It isn't. I've just tried it on one of mine to confirm.
SHA1: 4f7564698087c28e7e91bb8115366a597f84482f hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf (from https://dl.dropbox.com/s/4d8irqmffiihm37/hdr_10312_mod313a.zip )
Anybody else is welcome to try it and verify.
Thank you.

I wasn't suggesting your lovely file was corrupt. More than likely a bit of fluff from my 900 year old USB drive that caused it.

ETA, looking back, I was suggesting exactly that. Whooops. Sorry bout that.

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_085941945_2.jpg
    IMG_20211124_085941945_2.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 6
OMG. It says there are potential problems with the internal hard disk on this device.
It says that if it sees a disk for the first time. Have a look at Diagnostics>Disk Diagnostics in the WebIf where it will report on any disk hardware issues.

We have a fix-disk script that will restore your disk to as much health as possible should errors be detected.

It says that if it sees a disk for the first time. Have a look at Diagnostics>Disk Diagnostics in the WebIf where it will report on any disk hardware issues.

We have a fix-disk script that will restore your disk to as much health as possible should errors be detected.
Thanks. I did that. It displayed a lot of numbers I didn't really understand, no red banners anywhere suggesting imminent destruction of the disk, so I presumed it was ok.

Pity I didn't know about this before I binned the last one a few months ago.🙂

Well,with your valuable help guys,and a special thanks to Black hole for his persitence in dragging this technophobe in to the 21st century, I have achieved what I set out to do, and a whole lot more.

So, a huge thanks to you all.

Thread closed?

I wasn't suggesting your lovely file was corrupt. More than likely a bit of fluff from my 900 year old USB drive that caused it.

ETA, looking back, I was suggesting exactly that. Whooops. Sorry bout that.
I struggle to understand you. Amongst the 'comedy', the precision gets lost.
Are you saying you've succeeded with the version I suggested or not?
I would download it again, extract the .hdf file, verify the SHA1 matches what I posted (4f75....482f) and then try again. If it still doesn't work, then the only thing I can think of is that your loader version is incompatible, but I don't have a box with a7.30 on it, and I'm not willing to downgrade one of mine to test it. You could try a loader upgrade, but that might brick your box (although it's very quick and reasonably safe, but not 100%).

And what does ETA mean in this context?

I struggle to understand you. Amongst the 'comedy', the precision gets lost.
Are you saying you've succeeded with the version I suggested or not?
I would download it again, extract the .hdf file, verify the SHA1 matches what I posted (4f75....482f) and then try again. If it still doesn't work, then the only thing I can think of is that your loader version is incompatible, but I don't have a box with a7.30 on it, and I'm not willing to downgrade one of mine to test it. You could try a loader upgrade, but that might brick your box (although it's very quick and reasonably safe, but not 100%).

And what does ETA mean in this context?
Apologies for the 'comedy'.

Job done.

Thanks all
and
Goodnight.

Back