Foxylink - not seeing HRD1

Logic error - fixed in v1.2.

Thanks for sorting AF, I'll update and re-install at some stage. I've been 'banned' from playing for a while now by the 'boss' (issues with the locking using Foxlink) and was going to try networkshares (again) but that will have to wait too :).

(issues with the locking using Foxlink)
I tried Foxlink linking two HDRs but gave up on it, if I recall because of the locking issue. I was trying to link the two HDRs over WiFi. I set up network-shares and now have HDR1 mounted on HDr2. The network-shares tread is very long and took time going through it at that time.

Perhaps there is a 'What everyone needs to know' section dedicated to networking ?

I tried Foxlink linking two HDRs but gave up on it, if I recall because of the locking issue. I was trying to link the two HDRs over WiFi. I set up network-shares and now have HDR1 mounted on HDr2. The network-shares tread is very long and took time going through it at that time.

Perhaps there is a 'What everyone needs to know' section dedicated to networking ?

Thanks for the info Border, not just me then?! I intend to try the network-shares once again over the next couple of days but, as you note, the thread(s) on this are very, very long. I was hoping (and if I get there first I will do it myself) that someone could have (would have) just detailed the settings for NFS, and / or SMB, in a simple ('standard') form; most people, I would hazard a guess, when connecting two, or more, HD(R)s have never amended the standard Video, etc., folders and could just 'lift' the settings. Hey, perhaps they are already detailed somewhere, but I just can't find them lol :). It may be that I got them right originally, but just never gave it long enough to 'load'?
I connect directly (TP-Link homeplugs), so get great HD when it worked!!

Thanks for the info Border, not just me then?! I intend to try the network-shares once again over the next couple of days but, as you note, the thread(s) on this are very, very long. I was hoping (and if I get there first I will do it myself) that someone could have (would have) just detailed the settings for NFS, and / or SMB, in a simple ('standard') .l

I had HDR1(used mainly by kids) mounted on HDR2 with SMB. Previously I had difficulties setting up with NFS. HDR2 was only accessible on HDR1 via network (no fast forward delete etc). Tonight I tried NFS again and got it working. I can't say what is different since I last tried (settings changed cf update renaming DLNA server on each machine etc).

Anyway only 2 folders on NFS needed renamed.
Went into ModSettings then NFS file created a new folder e.g. HDR2
Opened up HDR2
Renamed folder=.... To folder=media/My Video
Note media small m My capital M and Video capital V
this then is automatically changed to
folder=media_My Video

Then changed host= to host =192.168.*.* or whatever the IP of the HDR is.

Restarted the box (or waiting a few minutes with box on) and HDR1 accessible under media>storage>USB

Now I hope the young 'uns watching HDR1 don't access HDR2 and delete my recordings (here is where sweeper is useful to automatically lock recordings on HDR2).

I had HDR1(used mainly by kids) mounted on HDR2 with SMB. Previously I had difficulties setting up with NFS. HDR2 was only accessible on HDR1 via network (no fast forward delete etc). Tonight I tried NFS again and got it working. I can't say what is different since I last tried (settings changed cf update renaming DLNA server on each machine etc).

Anyway only 2 folders on NFS needed renamed.
Went into ModSettings then NFS file created a new folder e.g. HDR2
Opened up HDR2
Renamed folder=.... To folder=media/My Video
Note media small m My capital M and Video capital V
this then is automatically changed to
folder=media_My Video

Then changed host= to host =192.168.*.* or whatever the IP of the HDR is.

Restarted the box (or waiting a few minutes with box on) and HDR1 accessible under media>storage>USB

Now I hope the young 'uns watching HDR1 don't access HDR2 and delete my recordings (here is where sweeper is useful to automatically lock recordings on HDR2).

Yes, oh yes - all seems to be working perfectly. Now need to do the on/off test to check for lock-ups, etc., but not negating this, working exactly as one would hope. I have it going both ways between HDR'A' and HDR'B'. Why I couldn't getting working the first time I don't know, but it may well have been the fact that, as you note, putting a capital M in media. Having said that, the delay may have been beneficial as I now also know, from reading other threads, not to set 'shared folder' to "on" (lest to kill the CPU!!). I also use virtual disk 2 rather than a physical drive and no problems thus far.
I'll try and get round do doing some notes later and add them to the site (amongst the others!!) for future reference, but I really appreciate your help with this - many thanks.
P.S. need to check how I stop the Modsettings folder displaying (on the TV side), but I'm sure somewhere I saw about putting an asterisk in front, so I'll give that a go :)

A short cut entry to the Network Shares Automount topic is Post 244 (click).
Cheers BH, I noted all but still managed to get 'lost' somewhere along the way. As you'll see from my post to Border, his input has helped me get it all going now, but I'll hopefully be able type up some notes / screen shots myself a bit later today (once I have 'dealt' with a certain company who are trying to get out of giving me a refund on some bathroom extractor fans!!)
P.S. I don't suppose that it would be possible to have a WEBIF command to 'shutdown' a box remotely (like reboot, but without rebooting lol !!); it would be useful to turn off (sleep) Number1 son's machine from downstairs once he has fallen asleep!! Appreciate that the WEBIF side will 'stop' / need to close once the command is given. Perhaps one for AF123?

Have you tried the remote package for webif? That may do what you want.

Assuming that to be with reference to the powerdown question rather than 'hiding' the Mod directory, no I haven't. I did have a look a year back but couldn't see the benefit - clearly there is stuff in there other than changing channels lol. I will take a look later but playing Lego at the minute (half term :) ). Cheers.

I would expect it to lock up in the same way as Foxlink but it will be interesting to see : )

Hasn't thus far and have done a couple of short tests. Time, obviously, will tell but at this stage all going swimmingly. Fingers crossed, but Lego may well take precedence for the rest of the afternoon :).
I hope it does work as little terror thinks that daddy is great at the moment (he has years to learn otherwise and that I wasn't the one doing the coding ... this time!!)

The Web-if Remote Controller (ir) package has all the button that the real remote has, including the 'Power' Button see link HERE

Thanks Ezra et al, I have now played with ir and it does exactly what I wanted. Taught myself a little more and must say it's great - my 7 year old already has made me load on the tablet for the downstairs Hummy and his one too!!
Just out of curiosity, is there a way that I can make it go straight to the 'USB' (being my network shares automount) to see the recordings on there? - I can record a macro to go to Media, Storage easily enough, but to select 'USB' you need to know where you were originally - i.e. USB is the middle icon, but if you previously left it at say, Network, one would be selecting 'Left' and not 'Right' as the next macro command (does that make sense??).

I would expect it to lock up in the same way as Foxlink but it will be interesting to see : )

Hi AF,
just to update on this for your interest, I now have yet another HDR Fox T2 and have 'networked' HDRA to HDRB (and vice versa) and HDRC to HDRA using the network shares - (to date!!) still no locking issues as occurred with FoxLink.
Cheers,
Rob.
(Now, more importantly, can I convince the boss lady that we need another box for the bedroom too?!! :). XBMC running on these for the 'coverflow' on films would just be the biscuit lol :) :) )

Back