• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

"Freesat Tune" compared to "Manual Tune"

Hi Guys,

Just obtained a Foxsat HD box (to run alongside my HDR1000S).

What happens if I do a Manual Tune?

Will I loose all the Freesat Channels that I got when I did the initial Freesat tune?

Obviously I have no instructions, but am having fun with it so far.

Regards,

Paul

Trev

The Dumb One
Why do you want to do a manual tune?
If this is done in the Non-Freesat mode, it will not destroy your Freesat EPG.

Trev

The Dumb One
For my erudition: what's the problem even if it does?
Only if every time he does a non-freesat manual scan, he has to re-scan Freesat. That could be a pain in the botty.
Paul. Have you tried using multiple LNBs in conjunction with a DiSEqC switch. You can easily get 28.2E and 19.2E on a Sky dish.

Hi Trev,
Thanks for the info, I just want to play (without loosing my Freesat EPG).
Regards,
Paul
As I posted on MyHumax. Once you add some non-freesat channels you get an extra menu option to switch modes Freesat/Non Freesat. Lot more info on my post on myHumax. Including being able to use other satellite groups and a link to the channels you can get from 28.2E.

Despite being a Freesat box it's a pretty good generic fta box as well,

Only if every time he does a non-freesat manual scan, he has to re-scan Freesat. That could be a pain in the botty.
Paul. Have you tried using multiple LNBs in conjunction with a DiSEqC switch. You can easily get 28.2E and 19.2E on a Sky dish.
Hi Trev,
I've not tried that yet (been stuck with a Sky box for years).
I just googled 19.2 and there doesn't seem to be much transmitted in English.
Regards,
Paul

As I posted on MyHumax. Once you add some non-freesat channels you get an extra menu option to switch modes Freesat/Non Freesat. Lot more info on my post on myHumax. Including being able to use other satellite groups and a link to the channels you can get from 28.2E.
Hi Graham,
Sorry to confuse things by posting on both forums, but not everyone is on both of them.
Regards,
Paul

19.2E was/is quite popular with F1 enthusiasts since Sky decided it cost extra. German TV transmits formula 1 FTA and Radio 4 extra often broadcast fi live. A bit of jiggery pokery with a pvr to synch the two can work. You can use it with a motorised dish to get thousands of channels in English.

Check out Pedro2000's website a regular poster on AV forums.

http://purplesat.com/

http://www.purplesat.com/index.php?p=1_16_FREE-TOP-MOVIES

You might want some sunglasses handy it's a trifle bright :D

Last edited: