Freeview broadcast EPG not the same as website EPG

mike_m

I noticed that the new series of 'Grace' showed different series and episode numbers for the same episodes, depending on whether you accessed the Freeview schedule online, or the on-air EPG. The on-air guide shows the US numbering, while the website has the UK numbering. The two images below were taken within minutes of each other. Is this common behaviour with Freeview? It's the first time I've noticed it!

PS I should explain that the image shows today's episode, listed as both S2.2 and S2.1; last week's was listed as both S1.2 and S2.1

Attachments

• Grace_1.jpg
    Grace_1.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 8
I was confused by that too so using wiki to work out which one I should be watching first. Apparently it is called Dead Simple which I seem to have missed when it was first broadcast last year.

I was confused by that too so using wiki to work out which one I should be watching first. Apparently it is called Dead Simple which I seem to have missed when it was first broadcast last year.
Yes, I watched that on ITV hub - they call it series 1, although there's only one episode.

Actually thinking back it may have been the bit about mediums that may have put me off last year. I hope they drop that going forwards.

I resorted to IMDB to work out WTF the episode/series structure was.
My conclusion was that the second episode (regardless of any series) was originally planned to be aired in 2021, but wasn't for some reason.

I resorted to IMDB to work out WTF the episode/series structure was.
My conclusion was that the second episode (regardless of any series) was originally planned to be aired in 2021, but wasn't for some reason.
Yes, that was my conclusion too - it did air in the US as episode 2 last year. My puzzlement was why Freeview itself (if it can be referred to as a single entity, rather than a loose association of rivals!) seems to be in two minds about it - right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. I'm guessing that a late decision was made at ITV to 're-brand' episode 2 as episode 1 of a new series, but that it was too late to change some sort of embedded identification code, which is still picked up by the EPG software.

Back