Freezes whilst checking media listings - remove CFW2.20?

I've recently a) installed CFW 2.20 and b) installed a new HDD (same as originally fitted) to my Hummy. Since, I've had 3 freezes when looking through the list of recordings in the "media" folders. Bt freezing I mean the box fails to respond to the remote. Fixed each time by a hard reboot of the box, so not AFAIK a problem with the remote (ie failing batteries). One freeze was during a recording, which was unaffected (until I did the reboot of course, when it stopped and I manually restarted it). I feel this may be realted to the custom firmware - so, what do I need to to remove it, if thats what I decide to do please?

Simply overloading it with a standard firmware will remove enough to prevent the CF running, just not a deep clean for warranty return purposes.

That sounds like the dreaded remote problem raising its head with a new disk configuration but interesting what Black Hole says which you can read to mean taking off the custom modules that you don't use. Will look at that for my problem.

What? That doesn't read right to me. Installing standard firmware kills the custom firmware but leaves all the packages etc intact on the HDD. Reloading the CF instantly reinstates all your packages etc, so it's an easy way to revert to standard just to see what happens, and then restore the full custom firmware when you find standard makes no difference.

Apologies for density hereBH - but ok, I understand the CFW removal wiki - but how do I then re-install the standard? (And I did try a search of the wiki... :() And Tell - you refer to a remote/new disk problem - you have this? The disk is a direct replacement (same manufacturer/type) as the original.

Download official firmware... unzip to a USB drive... plug USB into HDR-FOX... reboot...

Surely you know the drill!?!

I was talking about remote not working thread which can manifest itself at anytime.

The non CF versions are listed in close proximity to the CF ones on the site. Wonders of Firefox Android beta and this site is I can't cut and paste the link.

Back