freezing on power options screen

I'm running the latest firmware with all the latest packages. HDR-FOX T2.

I've noticed recently that upon going into the power options menu (to select the power saving option etc..) the machine freezes for about 5 minutes, audio and picture continue in the background but the box refuses to do anything for a good while and then all of a sudden springs back into life.

While it could be unrelated I've also noticed it takes much longer to power down, going into standby for a few minutes before shutting down properly. Also reboot commands from the webif no longer work (screen pauses but audio continues and I have to shut down using the rear button).

While these problems may not be linked, the first one is the one I would like to solve it all possible!

Thanks!

I have seen this occur on the Internet Settings page (on an HD-FOX), and presumed it to be due to network problems. I never venture onto the power options page after initial installation, so would not have noticed.

I have seen this occur on the Internet Settings page (on an HD-FOX), and presumed it to be due to network problems. I never venture onto the power options page after initial installation, so would not have noticed.

Happily, after a couple of reboots, things now seem to working normally.

Back