Freezing

• Thread starter Deleted member 7950
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7950

Recordings are now displaying a message that the channel is scrambled or is not available , causing the system to freeze , now I can’t access any recordings, suggestions ?

Reboot is also possible by holding the power "button" on the front panel for about five seconds.

Recordings are now displaying a message that the channel is scrambled or is not available , causing the system to freeze , now I can’t access any recordings, suggestions ?
I agree with Black Hole; this sounds like a case of the box have forgotten its encryption keys and the fix is simply to put it into standby, wait till the hard drive stops spinning and then remove the power for say 10 seconds.

Shame the OP can't be bothered to come back and say "yes, thanks, that worked" or "no, that didn't work, can you suggest anything else". We would then have a clue for future similar issues.

And you wonder why I don't have much patience with them? It's not like this is the first time.

I’ve moved house and only just got my connection setup, so don’t make assumptions, and I done a system update which solved it !

I’ve moved house and only just got my connection setup, so don’t make assumptions,
With all due respect, we only have your say-so on that. It's a very remarkable coincidence that you had time to post about a problem in the throws of preparing to move, and then 12 days later happen to have had a connection set up just in time to reply to my dig within hours. Sorry, coincidences do happen, but at face value this doesn't pass muster and sounds like trying to shift the blame.

I done a system update which solved it !
Thanks for the information. That's all we needed.

Why don't you ever just take things at face value BH, and stop being hyper critical.
OP came back and told us how he fixed it. Job done.

And the expression "With all due respect" nearly always precedes a critical remark or other put down statement that are not made to sound less critical/put down by the opening phrase. And "shifting the blame" doesn't even pass the 'so what' test.

Back