Frequent HDMI output problems on startup

probedb

I'm not sure if this is the player or custom firmware as I've had it that long.

I have a fairly frequent problem with the HDMI output.

I get the loading screen and then you can see the screen go black but there is no signal again to display. I.e. when you'd expect the TV channel to show there's nothing. No signal. I don't have any issues with any other HDMI devices on the TV.

Is it likely dodgy HDMI output on the Humax?

The only way to resolve it is to make sure it's fully powered down and then turn it on again.

HDMI is a minefield. The Humax has difficulty negotiating with some models of TV, and no problem at all with others. Is it a Sony by any chance? I think everyone has a problem trying to connect if the Humax is brought out of standby while it is in the process of a timer recording.

Cheers folks, it's a Panasonic plasma (2012) and the Humax is the only thing that ever has issues. I'll just accept it as a problem :) It's not like I use it lots.

What else do you have connected (and why don't you use the 'FOX much?!!)? HDMI only has to negotiate protected delivery if the source is HiDef-capable, but that would include things such as BluRay.

If you were keen, it is possible that routing the HDMI through an active switch would solve the problem. Such switches are available for not too much money.

My PC (AMD gfx card) and an Oppo BR player. Neither have ever not connected before.

I use it for recording stuff when I something is on but I don't watch much TV :) I'm finally getting round to watching films I recorded last Christmas!!

Is it a Sony by any chance? I think everyone has a problem trying to connect if the Humax is brought out of standby while it is in the process of a timer recording.
Not me with a Sony. I've just retried it with a few variations but all had HD channel being watched when the the HDR-FOX T2 was last placed in standby and the recording being an HD channel. Still no HDMI issues.

Yeah, I may be maligning them. In the early days everybody who had an HDMI problem seemed to have a Sony.

I have a Sony and have no problems with HDMI. It only has one HDMI input, so I use a switch and when I switch between my Foxsat and my DVD player, it just switches. Just a momentary green screen.

Back