Front display failures - Fox T2 HDR

ttratl

Hi Everyone,

My T2 HDR is having regular front display failures - where the display is totally blank.
Everything else seems to be working ok. My quick fix is to power off at the back, which usually brings the display back to life.
I have just upgraded to the latest custom firmware this morning (big fan of the custom firmware!) hoping this may cure it - but it is still failing.
Has anyone else experienced this - any ideas for a fix?
Many thanks

You may want to move this post to the Custom Firmware Forum HERE although I understand the problem was present before installing the CF, I doubt the the CF will cure your problem, although the Redring log would be very useful to see messages sent to the display

My T2 HDR is having regular front display failures - where the display is totally blank.

Does the LED ring go off as well? If so then there is a problem with the power supply to the front panel, if not then it's probably the cable that connects it to the motherboard.. Either way, I've never heard of this happening before so it sounds like a faulty box.

Thanks guys. I think I've had this over a year - so out of warranty.

(The LED front ring still works ok.)

Thanks guys. I think I've had this over a year - so out of warranty.

My understanding is that Humax gives a 2 Year warranty (unless it is a Grade A unit, units are marked with the suffix -G or -GSP at the end of the part code), It's worth giving them a call on 0844 669 8800 - Don't bother E-Mailing them

I've been having the same issue myself for the past month - to be honest I don't really miss that scrolling front display.

Complete power-off isn't needed for me - just a standby-cycle seems to do the trick.

No firm data on this but, but I'm suspecting my TV/HDR startup sequence has some effect - e.g. this am I had to wait an
age before my TV (panasonic) + HDR had sorted themselves out to actually show me a picture, and it seems to be mostly in
these instances that I get no front display on the HDR. I've taken to powering the HDR up on its' own first, and in these cases
I don't think I've ever lost the display.

Course it could just be the connector :)

Back