Frozen on last shown channel and info bar

renMike

Hi,
I normally leave my FoxSat-HDR (320GB) on standby over night and it normally takes the standard 30 seconds to boot each day. The other day the unit was accidently turned off at the wall and it took about 2 hours of trial and error to get it back in a useable state.
The symptoms were that no matter how I attempted to restart it (wall, rear rocker switch, front soft power button, remote) it would very quickly reboot (about 5-10 seconds) and be fixed on the last viewed channel with the info bar showing. The remote was not working and only by power cyclying 'a lot of times' did I manage to get the front power button to work.
I've contacted Humax regarding this issue and they said 'it happens'. I'm not too pleased with this response as friends who have a similar model say that it doesn't happen to them.
  1. Does this sound like normal behaviour to you?
  2. Has anyone else experienced this type of behaviour?
  3. Is there a known recovery procedure?
  4. Should I try Humax again as I am still within my waranty period? (if so how do I encourage them to do something about it?)
  5. Is there anything else (other than not turn it off at the wall) I can do to resolve this?
Thanks,
renMike

Hi,
  1. Does this sound like normal behaviour to you?
  2. Has anyone else experienced this type of behaviour?
  3. Is there a known recovery procedure?
  4. Should I try Humax again as I am still within my waranty period? (if so how do I encourage them to do something about it?)
  5. Is there anything else (other than not turn it off at the wall) I can do to resolve this?

renMike

1. No
2. No
4. Yes
5. Reformat the hard disk?

1. No
2. No
4. Yes
5. Reformat the hard disk?

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to get it switched out under Warranty as I too don't think this is normal behaviour. If that fails then i'll try your suggestion for a reformat.

Should you not be trying to get the place where you bought it from to sort it. Your purchase contract and thus the guarantee under UK law is with them, not Humax.

Should you not be trying to get the place where you bought it from to sort it. Your purchase contract and thus the guarantee under UK law is with them, not Humax.
Fair point, I got it from HumaxDirect which is whom I am actually attempting to get hold of (proving a little tricky so far this year!) to get it switched out.
I appologise for unintentionaly misleading when I say I was trying to contact Humax as I thought they were the same :oops:

They probably are. But so long as you're trying to deal with the retailer......

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

HumaxDirect have exchanged my faulty box as they said they would and I can confirm that the replacement does not exhibt the reported symptoms when attempting to reproduce them.
+1 for HumaxDirect for honoring their commitment and good communication (once I managed to get hold of them).

Back