Frustrating DLNA problem..

barkeja

I have a curious problem with my HDR-Fox T2. I have a Netgear Stora NAS that I use as my DLNA media server, accessed via a Homeplug (wired) network. All my other devices (PC's, Tablets) can see the NAS media server, via DLNA, but my Fox T2 can't; it also is attached to my network to a Homeplug via Ethernet. When I first noticed the problem I was on firmware 1.02.20 and despite having since moved to CF 1.02.128 the problem persists. What makes it more frustrating is I have managed to connect to the NAS from the Fox T2 once in the past, but I can't remember if it was pre-1.02.20 or not. As far as I can see there is no element of DLNA dicovery customisation on the Fox T2. Any ideas/suggestions would me much appreciated.

The Humax doesn't run multicast at all. The kernel is compiled with a multicast stack but no interfaces are plumbed.

(The zeroconf package does actually plumb one to support the mDNS service but there isn't one there by default)

Ahem, apologies time. The error was with the NAS, rather than the Humax. I eventually tracked down a match to the problem (DLNA client cannot see NAS Server) on the Netgear support site. I accessed their repair tool and now everything works. Thanks for your responses.

Back