FTP files from humax - have I missed something?

I am sure I have done this before but I want to put some recordings that are in SD onto my ipad.

I am sure last time I just FTP the files from the box.

I thought the custom firmware automatically decrypted the files.

However, I can not get them to play.

Also do I copy the multiple files for each recording or just the ts file?

Or have I just got this so wrong?

Thanks

You will have to decrypt the files before transferring them by FTP.

It does not do it by default, but requires you to set a folder to Enable Recursive Auto-decrypt.

There is a flow chart that shows the Custom Firmware decryption options HERE, you need get to a File in Media 'DEC' box

Thanks guys.

If I set the recursive decrypt on a folder does it have any implications as to the humax.

I do not want to set it on a folder a realise the recordings will not play on the humax.

Thanks guys.

If I set the recursive decrypt on a folder does it have any implications as to the humax.

I do not want to set it on a folder a realise the recordings will not play on the humax.

They will still play on the Humax.

Thanks guys.

There is a chance of file corruption if something goes wrong with the decryption, but this is very slim. If you install the undelete package, the original is kept for up to a week (configurable), so you can retrieve it if you need to.

Does it automatically decrypt once you select it on the folder or does it take a while. How will I know the files are done?
Files are available for decryption once indexed by the DLNA server. The Hummy looks for suitable programmes to process every 10 minutes while on. The results of decryption are posted in the auto.log file (Web-If>diagnostics). In Web-If, decrypted files have a green 'Dec' icon after them. To decrypt HD files you will also need to install the auto-unprotect package.

Back