FVP-4000T fails to respond

Tony Norton

Hi All,

I have a problem with our 4000T. If I am on our TV direct and want to switch to the input from the Humax when the the Humax is in the midst of recording a program, I switch the TV input (to "HDMI 3" in our case), but I then get no output from the Humax. The only way I have found to bring it to life is effectively reboot it by switching it off at the power source, waiting about half a minute, and then switching the power back on. The trouble with this procedure is that any recording would then be interrupted. What am I doing wrong? I've tried pressing the standby button but the Humax just doesn't respond to that.

Any suggestions?

Tony Norton

There have been reports that the HDR Fox T2 has been less likely to conduct a successful HDMI handshake while the unit is recording for many years, it looks like this has spilled over to the FVP-4000T, as far as I know, there is no fix for this, you could try a different HDMI input on the TV or simply wait for the recording to end

I've never had this problem because I always use my 4000 as default TV input, is that not an option?
I do use my PlayStation several times a day but when I switch off my PS, after a few seconds my TV goes back to my Humax.
Couple of things could affect it
First, you might want to try it on HDMI 1 because it may have priority
Second, you might want to try the HDMI live link setting on/off to see whether the behaviour change.

Thanks Guys,

you've given me something to think about.
As for leaving the Humax as the default TV input, that wouldn't work in our house because as soon as my wife goes into the kitchen and turns the TV on in there, she would be complaining that hers and the lounge one are out of sync soundwise.
It's probably worth giving HDMI1 a try, the only reason I haven't used it up to now is because, with a straight connector (the only type I had available when I set up the system), the cable sticks out the side. I'll give it a go.

thanks again
Tony N

Are you sure HDMI-1 is on the side of your TV while HDMI-3 is at the back?, in my experience the lower number HDMIs are on the back and the higher number HDMIs (in my case only HDMI-4), are on the side

Are you sure HDMI-1 is on the side of your TV while HDMI-3 is at the back?, in my experience the lower number HDMIs are on the back and the higher number HDMIs (in my case only HDMI-4), are on the side
Thanks Ezra, yes I've sorted that, with the aid of a magnifying glass. (My 80 year old eyes aren't what they used to be!)

in my experience the lower number HDMIs are on the back and the higher number HDMIs (in my case only HDMI-4), are on the side
Hmm. On our new TV, HDMI 1 is on the side (of the box at the back of the screen) and 2, 3 & 4 are on the bottom. (All are inset some way from the edge of the screen.)

Back