Fvp-4000t on demand missing

shivaseye

Hopefully one of the brilliant minds on here will have an idea that will help.

My parents have recently bought a new fvp-4000t.
All working fine except the on demand services, in any means of accessing them.
Scrolling left on the programme guide shows no programmes available.
Netflix, YouTube and a slew of other apps are listed but where I'd expect to see iplayer, 4od et cetera is just grey boxes.

I know the network is good because youtube works and I've also connected it to another network (4g hotspot) and the same symptoms present.

I'm bringing to think it is a case of take it back to the shop but thought I'd ask here first.

Is the firmware up to date?
Not to the latest.
It is on the November 2016 firmware.
I was going suggest to them a manual upgrade to the one released in April but then read in another thread that the automatic rollout had been suspended because of the incompatible file format message.

I have installed the latest upgrade, and still have program info missing both for catch up and future programs?

I have installed the latest upgrade, and still have program info missing both for catch up and future programs?

After an upgrade I had missing guide information for BBC1 and 2 for over 12 hours and couldn't figure out why but the solution was simple. I just switched to BBC1 and the missing guide info populated within minutes

Thank you everyone who had a think about this one.

My parents followed one of my suggestions which was to contact Humax customer service. They were very impressed by the speed of response and how helpful they were.
They were provided with a list of things to try in sequence and the first one worked - a hard reboot of the unit.
I am guessing that the catch up feature became confused about network communication at some point when it wasn't fully configured and got "stuck".

My parents followed one of my suggestions which was to contact Humax customer service. They were very impressed by the speed of response and how helpful they were.
That's a turn up for the books! The general opinion of Humax support is flakey at best, but present them with a simple problem...
They were provided with a list of things to try in sequence and the first one worked - a hard reboot of the unit.
You mean you needed somebody to tell you "have you tried turning it off and on again?"? Unless you are trying to find out why something has gone wrong (ie debugging), that's the first thing to do in any complex electrical/electronic system - ie remove power so that it enters a known state and will go through any initialisation processes when power is re-applied.

"Standby" isn't enough - there is still power there, and the unit in question (I'm talking in general here) is probably in a half-way state that means it can turn on from standby quicker than from completely off. Therefore "turn it off and on again" means using the proper power switch (if the unit has one) or the switch on the wall socket - or even pulling the plug if necessary.

I, and I guess most of us, will have assumed you knew this, and that your problem was persistent even after a power cycle.

Back