FVP-4000T recording schedule problem

paul4

I lose the full recording schedule listing now and again (once per week). I currently have about 35 recordings scheduled and it only displays about 6 or 7. Recordings still happen so it is simply a display issue, however I have to reboot the 4000T in order to get this listing back again.

It's just annoying.

paul4

Try the other forum (myHumax), where there is more support for this box. Barry will be able to help you I'm sure.

David

I lose the full recording schedule listing now and again (once per week). I currently have about 35 recordings scheduled and it only displays about 6 or 7. Recordings still happen so it is simply a display issue, however I have to reboot the 4000T in order to get this listing back again.
There is a fix for this problem in beta testing; as aciddad said pop over to myhumax.org and if you want to test the fix PM Barry and ask for a copy.

I didn't know there was yet another forum, I've posted about humax PVRs (9200T, 9300T, 4000T) on three forums in the past, now another really spreads it thin :)

When a Super Mod / Staff Member suggests going to another forum it get's kinda confusing.

But thanks, I'll look there.

When a Super Mod / Staff Member suggests going to another forum it get's kinda confusing.
Why? It's an acknowledgement that any particular forum is not necessarily the be all and end all of every subject under the sun, and a helpful direction to where there is or might be better information and/or forum users with better knowledge or contacts. It demonstrates that this is an unbiased forum (as opposed to others where any suggestion that they are not the ultimate authority or reference to elsewhere is jumped on). We are independent of any patronage, entirely voluntary, and self-run, and when Michael set it up in the first place he will have had no idea how the forum would actually develop.

Purely by chance, this forum happens to be the place where the custom firmware for HDR-FOX and HD-FOX was developed (and largely by the efforts of one particular forum member), thus we happen to be the experts on those in particular and hacking them, and that extends to related products HDR-1800T/2000T (although we don't have a hack for them). Knowledge of other products depends on our forum members having knowledge and being willing to share it, thus FOXSAT-HDR (for example) also gets reasonable coverage, although the developer for the FOXSAT custom firmware mainly supports that on another forum (which is linked to from here, if you need it).

Any forum is dependent on an enthusiastic body of users to keep up its momentum, and the custom firmware is the main momentum here. If we were to catch another enthusiasm, the forum would move in that direction, and as it happens recent products such as the FVP-4000T are better supported on other forums - which is mainly to do with them still being under active development by the manufacturer and one of the forum members "over there" apparently having a direct link to the development team (the same applied to HDR-FOX, but of course they don't like to discuss any developments not originated by Humax).

I am surprised that you see it as confusing. This Forum is very strong on the Humax HDR-FOX T2 but other forums are better on some of the other Humax products. I will point people to what I think is the best resource to answer their question.

Back