FVP-5000 hard drive upgrade?

But if you buy from Ebyer and have to return something, you have to jump through all sorts of hoops.
I've an even simpler test for that trader. Their webshite doesn't work properly in any of my browsers - can't get rid of the cookie message. If they can't get the "front cover" of their business right...
Fair enough - never had a problem with them myself (but I've never had to return anything)

I used to buy quite a bit of stuff from them until I had the returns problem. No more!

I have had a 2TB Seagate pipeline in my FVP-5000T for a long time. You have to open drive clips slightly if you have a smaller model, as the 2TB drive is a bit thicker. I am in fact on my second drive. The first failed after around 2 yrs of hard use. Other than the clips and fuuring out how to open the case, the upgrade is straight forward. As schedule is in NVRAM you don't even need to re-enter the recording schedule.

How does this
Seagate SkyHawk 2TB SATA III 3.5" HDD at CCL for £56.97

look? TIA. Sorry cant post links.

The Seagate Pipeline drives are designed for PVR and Surveillance video recordings. Drives designed for PC data aren't recommended.

I agree with Graham that an ST2000VM003 is a good choice but personally I wouldn't buy from the seller on Amazon Marketplace shown in the link. Ask your self how can the price be more than 30% cheaper than Amazon and other reputable sellers. Personally I would buy direct from Amazon for £68.70.

Back