FVP-5000T losing recording schedules

MichaelM

I bought an FVP-5000T second hand a few months ago. Its pretty good value (I bought it for £40) but it just refuses to permanently store scheduled recordings. Scheduled recordings fail for no reason, and existing schedules are cancelled. And it won't allow new schedules to be created unless the box is powered off/on at the mains. I take it that this is happening to more people than just me. So is there a fix or workaround for it

it won't allow new schedules to be created unless the box is powered off/on at the mains. I take it that this is happening to more people than just me.
Not a problem that I've encountered, yet!
Have you tried a factory reset?
If you contacted Humax about the problem, this would be one of the standard replies. On many occasions it does actually clear the fault. Worth a try, especially if you haven't already done so.

Of course, £45 second hand might suggest that the previous owner also had problems with this box.

It's the only thing I can think of which might help, hoping the problem is corruption of the internal database rather than a hardware fault.
Ditto. I know I've cleared some faults with a reset and/or a complete power down. There is some expertise on this forum with hardware faults on the FOX models. I haven't seen (and I don't have) any experience with hardware faults on a 5000T.

Back