FVP-5000T Menu transparency oddity

I've had this unit a few days and it seems to be just about fast enough to cope with in comparison to my other HDR-Fox T2 units which play fine as DLNA devices through the new one - takes a while to start playing though!

I've searched the forums and not found any reference to this oddity which has now happened 3 times and has been when accessing the menu via the Freeview remote key. Once this is pressed, another menu appears along the top of the screen and on 2 occasions when pressing "Media" and another when pressing "Recordings" the Menu/Picture transparency has reversed so that the picture is in front of the text (rather than text on top of reduced contrast picture). It's impossible to use the device like this and the only way to revert to normal (once this happens, all menus are like this) is a complete power cycle. Normal off/on cycles do not work. I'll raise this with Humax support but I tend to find that support is often better here than the real organisation. Anybody seen this before?????

It's a very new device, so no doubt discovery of bugs like this will be reported from time to time. The main thing is to get a report into Humax so that (with luck) a cure will be rolled out in a firmware update - as happened with the HDR-FOX, and we can surmise that the members of this forum had some influence on that.

Thanks for reply. Yes I will report it later today. Sorry about the mis-spelling of transparency above. Can't edit that to make it correct!

I learn something new everyday and once again this site proves that it has magical powers because we only have to be speaking about it and it sorts it out all by itself............!!

Back