• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

German TV Portal

J

James Jenkins

Hi, I seem to a German TV portal, and i've lost the option for BBC iplayer, has this happened to anyone else? When i try to do a software update it downloads about 30% then i get an error message.

ChrisDaniels

Have you tried rebooting your box?
Failing that, try re-applying the last firmware throught USB.
Something must have gone skewy as the page should detect your HDR T2 and load the appropriate version.
I wouldnt try the firmware update through the portal as that is not live for the HDR T2 yet (if that is what you meant).

The portal has been very slow for me recently, although I can stream from my DLNA server no problem. Has anyone else noticed it running slow? I wondered whether Humax might have been making some modifications to it, perhaps in preparation for SkyPlayer finally going live... (Could be good timing, just in time for two four-day weekends in a row.)

OP
OP
J

James Jenkins

I tried to reinstall the firmware via USB with no change. As for a reboot did you mean restore factory settings? i tried this but it did not work either. Its a shame i do not speak German because most of the options (other than youtube) seem to be fully functional!

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried to reinstall the firmware via USB with no change. As for a reboot did you mean restore factory settings? i tried this but it did not work either. Its a shame i do not speak German because most of the options (other than youtube) seem to be fully functional!
What firmware versionare you using? I would try installing an earlier version and then reinstalling the latest version.

ChrisDaniels

I would ring Humax to be honest and ask them why its a german portal.. thats probably going to be quicker than troubleshooting it.
Might just be a hardware fault in your box thats causing it to load that actual webpage rather than the stylesheet (or whatever it is) for the T2

Could it be the country and/or operator setting has changed - in the hidden settings menu
Menu > Settings > System > System Information > Red > Green > Yellow > Blue > Green > Yellow > Blue

Should be: Country = England, Operator = BBC

The country settings as FH suggest sounds like a possible candidate.

The other possibility could be an issue with your ISP. We recently had this at work where our IP settings from our web-domain was temporarily screwed up while BT made some changes, the side affect was that our IP address appeard to be in Holland. Websites such as google defaulted to a German location and BBC sites contained adverts (which are supressed in the UK).

You can check your location by going to :

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Ezra Pound

I have the expected U.K. portal menu e.g. BBC I-Player, WiKi-TV, Internet Radio and Flickr but only Internet radio works, The other 3 result in a blank screen. This started about the same time as a repeat OTA of 1:02:07 a week or so ago

OP
OP
J

James Jenkins

Thanks for the suggestions, been waiting 3 days for a response from Humax, suppose i'll wait til Tuesday now. The country setting is England, and my IP location is London. So neither of them are the problem. I appreciate the effort thought.

James