Getting dongled

BH: The risk is that you might (from a market place such as eBay) purchase a dongle which claims to be RT-3070, but actually isn't... and you can't prove that without breaking it apart, and even then the chip identification might have been erased. Why? Because inscrutable and unscrupulous foreign sources perceive a demand for RT-3070, can't get RT-3070, so knock something up they can sell to people looking for RT-3070 and will never get any come-back from. Those are the realities of clicking "buy" on an item shipped at almost no cost from a practically anonymous seller in Hong Kong or China (et al) - you do so at your own risk in the knowledge that if it works, great, and if it doesn't: c'est la vie (but you've rewarded a swindler).
The #21 seller's contact details :-

Business seller information

SHENZHEN MINGDAOYOUSHU E-COMMERCE CO LTD
Fushuang Zhou
702,Haiwange,112-114Minle,Minzhi,Longhua
518000 Shenzhen, 广东省
This is the Chinese supplier I posted in the Wiki (now £4.96 but not delivered from UK)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311745548610

Last edited:
Sure, but at least it was dispatched from UK stock (it arrived in two days). I also bought the cheapie one which arrived today, seven days after that one (out of interest, and not tested yet). I'm shelling out cash to obtain data points for the team.

Still not tested the "cheap" version, but externally it appears identical to the "quick" (delivered) version.

The "quick" one wouldn't pick up Channel 1 (which had me scratching my head until I realised what the problem might be). I don't know whether it picks up Channels 2-4, but it definitely works when the router is set to Channel 7 (2.4 GHz band).

Back