Ghost text in OPT+menu

However, I see no ghost text in the Opt+>Rename menu item in either FF 52.9/Lubuntu 14.04 or SeaMonkey 2.49.4 (same engine as FF52)/Lubuntu 16.04.

It's not the engine that's the problem. As I wrote, my version is highly customised with more than 60 extensions, much edited userChrome and userContent css files, and many tweaks to about:config; I've just tried a virgin 52.9 and it didn't show the ghosting.

I've had some problems with a few websites, and a few that would only work on a different version of Firefox. But the privacy, security and convenience offered by my customised version make the price of such glitches well worth paying.

Take a close look at the image in post 3.

What it shows is the previous line wrapping because the bounding box isn't wide enough and the vertical positions have not adjusted to compensate. What you have is the word "clipboard" (from "copy to clipboard" on the line above) overlaying the word "rename". This is not ghosting (ghosting is when there are multiple instances of the same thing).

The problem lies in the way the page is being served by the Jim code (server-side scripting), in response to the reported width of the client window. Nobody else will see the same thing unless they hit the same issue with screen dimensions etc.

@af123: I think this boils down to a bug in the WebIF presentation code. I don't know whether idiosyncrasies of various browsers are implicated at all.

Apparently the width of the Opt+ menu is originally fixed at 150px in /mod/webif/html/lib/jquery.plugin/contextMenu/jquery.contextMenu.css and then changed by JS code. As your web browser knows how to lay the item out using "width: auto;" this seems unhelpful. At any rate you can fix wrapping Opt+ menu items by adding the following to /mod/webif/html/css/EXTRA.css:

CSS:
#optmenu {
	width: auto !important;
}

Last edited:
Apparently the width of the Opt+ menu is originally fixed at 150px in /mod/webif/html/lib/jquery.plugin/contextMenu/jquery.contextMenu.css and then changed by JS code. As your web browser knows how to do lay the item out using "width: auto;" this seems unhelpful. At any rate you can fix wrapping Opt+ menu items by adding the following to /mod/webif/html/css/EXTRA.css:

CSS:
#optmenu {
    width: auto !important;
}

This worked on my old, much modified version of Firefox.

Back